In facing the fact I'm becoming a career procrastinator I'm writing a list of things I do to avoid facing my fears and writing the story I really want to write. Face up to it.
I've not written for the past two weeks because my friend asked me to help her organise a fancy morning tea for the Australian Cancer Council. I may have thrown more effort into the charity event than was really necessary, but it was for charity and we raised over $1000, so that was ok, right? I've had a touch of a cold that required me to be in bed with a book at 9:30 every night.
Just today, May 24th, 2013
- Examined my feet for blisters that may have occurred because I wore heeled boots yesterday.
- Spent a lot of time encouraging my daughter to count out change for her lunch money. So long in fact we were nearly late for school.
- Decided it was time to clean all the pots and pans.
- Had a long shower focussing on a moisture treatment for my hair and a salt scrub for my skin. Both treatments were made by me.
- I managed to edit one page.
- Coffee break.
- Moved the living room furniture to clean out underneath them all.
- Conversation with Husband (Who now works from home)
- Watched the news on the ABC because it's the best quality news.
- Straightened all my crookedly cut toenails.
- Watched a cooking show and then emailed the show to ask what brand of frying pan and chef's pan they use because they look really effective. Also commented on how they made an interesting interpretation of Boston Baked Beans and told them what ingredients they missed (namely the bacon)
- Blogging this list.