Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Quickie goof moment

Was perusing the facebook links that some my politically charged friends post while I'm sleeping and saw this one I read as: Homeless Marathon. I thought to myself, that's mean making homeless people run long distances. How could they have had adequate training? It's no better than Bum Fights! Then 2 seconds later, an actual heartbeat, I realised it was a charity run for the homeless. Then and there I resolved to have coffee first, internet after.

http://news.homelessnessmarathon.org/

I have a history of this. Yes I was the clueless one in my first sociology class who had no idea why there was such a hoohaa over youth in Asia. Fellow classmates passionately debating against them! I was smart enough to keep quiet.

4 comments:

phonakins said...

I thought it was youth in asia when I was... 10? :p

Northern musings said...

oh dear.... it took me a while... had to say it in my head really fast to understand the reference. What does that make me??? Hope life in Melbourne is good!

jomamma said...

lol... welcome to my world.

heartinhand said...

For whatever reason, this reminds me of Beezus and Ramona when Ramona says "Daddy, turn on the dawnzer so we can have some lee light." =)