Saturday, February 05, 2011

Flibbertygibbert

I have no idea what to use as a title for this post so I just put what first came to my mind. Right now I'm all hepped up (Hopped up?) on double espresso (expresso, really because fizzbangwow!) and peanut M&Ms (Sugar and Caffeine are my drug) as Husband and I settled into an afternoon flick locked in our den/office/games emporium to watch Inception. It was kind of neat. I want to know what Freud would say about it after he got over the wonders of blu-ray of course. We let the kids have the other TV for any movie of their agreed choice with strict orders not to talk to us. We got interrupted once, and she got a flea in her ear and may never return again as she quivers from the double assault of "GET OUT!! Wait - Are you dying? No? GET OUT!!"". You will have no idea how long it's been since we've had a date night without kids. I can't even remember the last time and I'm sure even then, my heart/mind wasn't in it worrying about the kids. I'm such a drag.

Hey hey hey..look ---> see that green bar. Trounced it. Hate it to bits for it's unending suckage but it's done. HA! Now onto the next one. Three remember! Three. Going to do the three.

I am so thirsty...

I was looking at beachside properties today for fun, as you do. Found some amazing places in our price range, some really nice ones less than we're paying now for suburbia. Very very tempted. To smell the salty ocean every day? I'd be sad to get used to it, but when I'm there I melt into the sand and become part of the earth and it's home. Instant peace. I don't know why the seaside calls me, it always has. I rarely went to the beach as a kid, maybe that's why? I dunno. I just know I want to spend forever where I can see, smell, feel the ocean. But, one day. The kids love their school here so, they win. One day!

I need a new book to read. I may try one of husband's somber tomes for a change. His choice of books is ubercerebral where mine is pure escapism/entertainment. I read shit, he reads classics. Snore. At least it makes him easy to buy for so far as books are concerned.

Here's a cryptic puzzle for you: Silent film star's scene at Little Bighorn, as delivered by Spooner. (6,6)

2 comments:

jomamma said...

I feel the same as you about living at the beach. Do it NOW! They have schools in those beach communities. My kids are grown and I'm still stuck in the suburban Mid-west miles from the beach. DO IT!!!! Or you'll be quoting the 'shoulda, coulda, woulda's' like me.

heartinhand said...

I also want to live by the beach, however, with all the climate change, I think I'm going to stay inland and just go visit the damn beach.

Congratulations on walloping the green bar! =)

I liked Inception. I'm a big fan of that skinny kid that used to be on Third Rock From the Sun. You know, what's his face?