Sunday, January 09, 2011

Is it the old age?

I have forgotten how I met someone. It's very strange. I remember going out with them, I remember laughing, movies and conversations with them. I remember hanging out in the dorms. This was in university, so almost 20 years ago - I can be forgiven this one lapse? I have tons of memories but cannot for the life of me remember how we first met. We didn't have the same friends, didn't take a class together and they didn't live on campus. Of course I can't ask them how we first met because that would be hurtful and awkward - unless I'm being oversensitive and should hope they'd be satisfied I remembered the important stuff and not the initial meeting part. We could have met over the shared love of the giant waffle machine for all I know.

I wonder what else I've forgotten...

None of this would ever have happened if it weren't for Facebook.

Another thing; how many people have had or heard of others having High Fidelity moments since Facebook? You know, where an ex comes along and asks why things never worked out between you. Not because they want to reconnect (or maybe they do?) but because they're having some retrospective psychotherapy to find out why they can't maintain a stable relationship. I'm just wondering.

2 comments:

Maja said...

No High Fidelity moments here that i can remember...

heartinhand said...

Ask the friend to tell you how you met. Say something like "For the life of me, I can't remember how we met! It feels like I've always just KNOWN you. Refresh me!" They will. And they will be flattered that you feel like you've always just known them.

No real High Fidelity moments here either. Every guy I ever broke up with? Knows EXACTLY why we broke up. LOL!

I'm still waiting for John Cusack though.