Friday, October 01, 2010

Testing a hypothesis...

I found a crochet pattern I like but it's in a slavic language I don't understand. Probably German. I'm going to try and copy/paste here and then let google translate it.

...well that didn't work.

I was supposed to delete this after. This is the cardigan I'm wanting to make. I can get google to translate the page, and I'd hoped I could get the PDF translated the same way by downloading, copy/paste here then google-translate that. No joy. the PDF was saved as a gif or something and is treated as an image. I'm not motivated to retype the German. I don't even have the keyboard characters for half of it.

I'm pretty sure I can find a similar pattern and try and figure out some kind of Frankenstien mash-up of a cardigan.

What's your favourite colour, Roxy? ;)

6 comments:

heartinhand said...

Make me something. It's getting cold here. =)

phonakins said...

Oh wow, it looks like a giant spiderweb.

sillypuppet said...

Let me see what I can come up with...

Brook said...

http://www.garnstudio.com/lang/en/visoppskrift.php?d_nr=99&d_id=3&lang=us
Here is a free pattern in English, us terminology. A pretty similar cardi I think, same idea anyway. Have fun!

Lyvvie said...

I have found similar circle style sweaters - and Brook, I love Drops! they have some gorgeous patterns and so many for free. I trawl there often - IO found a small one for 2 year old I can size up, and a knit one I can try and re-figure for crochet.

I liked the spiderweb look too.

HiH - If I come across some lovely Alpaca I'll whip up something for you.

trinity67 said...

German is not a slavic language.