Sunday, May 09, 2010

Another crochet...

I ran out of green wool. So I picked up my yarn bag - I have a yarn bag now that used the be a shoe bag but it's now a yarn bag - and found a roll of this yellow leftover from Sassy's scarf and trawled Mickysmail site for another project. I chose this star pattern which took a bit of internet hunting to find but I'm psyched I did. It was a bit fiddly to begin with but once I figured it out it's been very easy and quick. I have a friend due any day now, I'll whip up a baby blanket for her. Not in this yellow though. Baby's a girl so I can just go straight to the pink. I hope they like it.

Crochet star pattern
Crochet star pattern

I think I'll make some small ones for X-mas tree ornaments, too.

For mother's day I got a NEW CAR! No seriously, we're trading in the sporty Mazda 6 MPS for a sporty Mazda 3 with an automatic transmission so I can drive it too. We didn't know it would be so easy for me to get a license here when we got the MPS, but it was and almost a year later - can you believe we've been here almost a year?! - I'm finding I really will need a car to get around. It's frustrating making the simplest of trips an all day adventure with trams and trains. So Husband is having 5 weeks to speed about in his super speced sports car (Which thankfully we got top trade in value for) before he we get the boy racer hairdresser's new car. In Celestial blue. We could've had a gray car sooner but there's tons of those out there. I liked the bright blue. It'll have all of the mod cons - no empty plastic plugged-over  placed on the panel that say "Cheap bastard didn't want this!"

I'm shitting myself about driving again. I shouldn't! But I've not driven a car regularly for 14 years. I was a great driver, but then it was just me. I've got kids now. Kids have made me a ninny who sits in the passenger seat and stomps imaginary brakes and cringes when other cars drive too close or come from side streets. I see imminent death everywhere I go in a car. I may need to talk to someone about that...

6 comments:

jomamma said...

You are a natural! That looks great, the tension looks perfect.

The Girl said...

Did you know how to crochet before all of this? Did you learn from a site? I am very impressed! :) ~Jill

Lyvvie said...

No, I've never crocheted before a few weeks ago. I've learned all of it from YouTube and Mikey in particular. My Mom tried to teach me knitting in my teens but I found it very frustrating. I still do. But I'll keep trying even though it seems to take three times as long to get results.

jomamma said...

I think it's personal preference. I'm just the opposite, crochet is boring and makes by wrist hurt. Knitting is fast and I can get beautiful, professional results in a matter of weeks.

Maja said...

Driving is like riding a bike. You'll be fine! How exciting to get a new car!

The Hotfessional said...

Wait. You've been there almost a year????? Seriously? Oh mah holy hell, does time fly.

I love that star. Try it in thin cotton and starch with glue - it'll be beautiful for Christmas ornaments.