Monday, November 23, 2009

Ray Comfort needs a dictionary...

Ray gets his knickers in a twist and makes a wee mistake.




First of all Ray here's the definition of plagiarism:

–noun
1. the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
2. something used and represented in this manner.


That's from Dictionary.com but I'm sure if you look around you'll find they all include the words "As one's own work" which obviously, from your video, Richard Dawkins doesn't do. He openly confesses that the ideas are yours and then does an admirable impersonation of yourself. That's not plagiarism, that's mimicry, mockery and even apery. All wonderful words which you can also look up in the dictionary. After all, Ray; imitation is the highest form of flattery.

Now get off your high horse and stop annoying the busy people who have something useful to give to society.

1 comment:

Rox said...

OMG thanks for the reminder! I was talking with Murphy yesterday and told her I thought of something she could get me for Christmas (but couldn't for the life of me recall what it was at that moment!) I need a new dictionary! I'm going to text her ASAP! Thanks!