Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Killing time before the panic attack!

I seem to have not quite yet gotten over the adrenaline rush surge flood tsunami that gets me as we line up at the radio station to present our homework in the studio. This week's homework I started two weeks ago to get myself a real head start and get as comfortable as possible because this is thrown in the deep end stuff. It's been all about copywriting this week. I've had to write two scripted commercials, two "live read" commercials, a radio promo for another show on our station and and community service announcement. Then I have to perform all, save the scripted commercials. So I've written out my own script which includes station tags, artist and song information, weather updates, news teasers, my live reads and...well it's a lot of work for what amounts to five minutes speaking! I'm sure eventually a lot of the stuff becomes second nature; the radio tag, music tag, news and weather stuff should be habit. I'm damned lucky I have 10 years reading out loud experience from bedtime stories and adventure games otherwise I'd seriously be in the shit. But it's all done, and I'm kind of farting around today trying to keep my mind off it, trying to resist the urge to re-read the script for the millionth time...

So here are a couple videos I found that broke up the crazy and made me forget my nerves:





Anyone else hear about Mikey, the kid from the 70's Life cereal ads, who supposedly ate pop rocks and cola and DIED?! No? Could be a New England thing.

4 comments:

jomamma said...

I'd heard that about Mikey... I love pop rocks.

Rox said...

I'm proud of you for going outside of your comfort zone and doing this. We should all be so brave!

I love me some Jeopardy!

ree said...

Those are BOTH great - and I remember Mikey!

Doug said...

The ER bit was great!