Thursday, September 24, 2009

Ain't Got No Rhythm.

I've lost my routines and I'm starting to suffer for it. Most noticeably on my waistline. Having left my regular gym routines back in April to get all that was needed for the move done (A big mistake, I was being a lazy wuss) and now not having a gym, or routine apart from walking everywhere which I still do (Ok I have less distance to walk and take the tram if it's over 2Km which is lazy too) and I've not been paying attention to what I eat, been enjoying all the goodies around me and Lo - I've gained 8kgs, lost some stamina and definitely lost some muscle tone. When I feel guilty then I'll do some star jumps and push-ups and stretching but that's really not going to help. So, I'm signing up to join the gym. I've finally found one that's going to work for me. It's a bit of a trek on the trams but they have a creche and all the facilities I need. I want to get back to jogging, too. All the extra weight has gone right to my middle and you know what that is: carb weight. I think a dip back into Atkins is in order and Australia is high protein friendly.

Being off kilter a bit, I've been a bit glum. Not overly and it goes away quick enough, but every so often I'm a bit *heavy sigh* and I'll grab a book and forget things for a while. I have so much going for me just now, and I don't really feel depressed - I wonder if it's just overstimulated? Maybe I do too much? It doesn't feel like it's too much and I can't do as much as I'd like because I have the kids and I don't drive also I don't have unlimited funds at my disposal. If only! So when I have to sit down and accept that there's no adventure today, it's just a typical dull everyday kind of day - I get a bit glum. I don't want to have to worry about laundry, dishes and dust when I'm on vacation! But it's more than a vacation, I remind myself. It's our life now.

I'm not homesick one bit either. Does that make me a bad person? I should fake it for the sake of others, but really - I'm not.

I'll post up the videos the kids made with their cameras, as they are on school vacation just now.

Monkey Moo-Moo

video

and Sassyface's producing debut: The Triumphs of Muffin Chunks




video

2 comments:

Nej said...

Getting out of routines is so easy....and getting back into them is murder!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rox said...

I like how Muffin Chunks defeated the other dude with a kiss. Clever!

I need a new routine. I'm thinking it's going to be a long winter if I remain this sloth-like.