Friday, July 24, 2009

Wind him up and watch him go...

I subscribe to Pat Condell because he represents the angry justice side of the religion argument in modern culture. He's sensible, he's concise, he's amazingly articulate and he's funny. He's also a tad vitriolic which appeals to me. I get angry and vitriolic but have had it purged as it puts people off and makes one unpopular. Or maybe I've mellowed. I don't know, but I love a dose of Pat to remind me that hell yes, this stuff annoys the shit out me too. I don't always agree with everything, but I like knowing the extremes of an argument and Pat is certainly extreme.

Well, Pat's latest video is quite possibly his best to date. He tears apart all the bullshit surrounding the Burqa debate, Liberal Left pussyfooting and political correctness about Islamic tolerance in Western culture. Pat Condell shines:



After spending an obscene amount of money on Sassyface's new school uniform which included a hat and backpack - the school has a "No Hat No Play!" rule - and I still have school fees to sort out which I'll have to get done this morning. I also have to get a microwave oven, a food processor and a few bits of groceries. And a hammer. And WD40.

Going to walk about 5 miles today, so better get me a shower and get started!

Have a nice weekend, friends.

6 comments:

jomamma said...

A hat? What kind of hat? Cowboy? Baseball? One of those Cowboy wanna-be's with one side pinned up? Did you put her in a military school?

Rox said...

I just watched the Pat Condell video and I loved it! There's just something about the British accent, they could say "Dog turds come out my nose when I drink whiskey!" and it would still sound intelligent and articulate. :o)

Do they wear hats to keep the headlice at bay? I don't get the rule. Will you be driving once you get settled? How can you do all that you are doing ON FOOT?! No wonder you go through the sneakers!

northern musings said...

hats are for preventing the sunburn/sunstroke hence no hat no play - it is kind of ridiculous - when I was growing up it was barefeet, short and a tank top, oh and coconut oil not sunscreen.... somehow I survived....(mind you I now live in Iceland... perhaps the brain did get affected)

Lyvvie said...

That's right, What Northern Musings said. It's because of the heat they need their hats. The playground areas are also covered by a huge tarp. It's not a cowboy hat, she went for the simple bucket hat. They also had a wide brim hat or a Legionnare's hat to choose from. I'll put up a picture of her in her new school clothes very soon.

Nej said...

A hammer and WD40. Not sure why that made me giggle today, but it did. :-)

Sy said...

That was an awesome rant. I have always felt that about the burka. Whenever I see one, no matter how pretty it may be, I've always felt offended, and I could never put my finger on exactly why -- until I saw this video.

The hat -- there is a HUGE hole in the ozone over Australia now that is very dangerous without protection. I tell you, though, I would have to rely on sunscreen. You try to put a hat on me in the heat and I just pass right out. We had to wear cowboy hats for our 4-H riding club, and I nearly fell off my horse twice from fainting before they exempted me. I had to quit marching band because we were required to wear hats and I almost fell over during a July 4th veteran commemoration speech.