Friday, March 20, 2009

98% sure We're going to Melbourne.

I'm just not willing to invest my entire enthusiasm just yet. Not until the paperwork is signed. But we are as good as there. They've discussed benefits, salary car allowances, Australian business culture - which apparently is a bit more strict than American or the UK where full suits are the norm and image and seriousness are highly important. Husband went and bought a new suit. I think he needs two and will push him on to get another. He'll need a lightweight suit as it's still rather warm in San Diego and Melbourne. He chose a really nice charcoal grey suit from Cerruti that goes well with his blue eyes. He now needs black shoes. I told him brown shoes and a grey suit look very bad. Am I right?

He leaves on Sunday for four weeks; two in SD and two in Melbourne, getting training, getting to know his team and coming up with...plans. I was told about it, but it's gone now. I remember there was talk of Luster (Lustre?) training. He is thoroughly excited about the fact he will circumnavigate the globe.

I've been scrubbing down walls and grabbing stuff and throwing it away. "Do I want to haul this 10,000 miles across the ocean? No." in fact Husband said to me "Stop throwing stuff out." but I don't think I can. I've gone all Super Christian and seem to be shedding my worldly belongings. I'll arrive in Melbourne with a suitcase and high hopes. Then again, even Maria had a guitar.

Painter/decorator coming around today for a quote, ordering a skip to empty the garage/shed into and it's all systems go. I want my house ready for sale in four weeks. Husband will come back and not recognize his own home.

So that's all we got up to now.

On a more personal note, I'm perpetually hyper, stressed and have pooped once all week. But my house smells like spring. I'm going to try and clean the Roman blinds today. Could be tragic.

15 comments:

jmc said...

Congrats on the move! I'm excited for you...and vaguely envious and intimidated all at once. The idea of moving to another continent is intriguing and romantic, but also daunting.

jomamma said...

You are right about the shoes. I think fashion for men is so much harder to figure out that women's. They now have this color that's kind of a brownish green that looks good no matter what season it it. I'm excited for you guys. Start practicing your Australian salute.

R said...

Have fun web surfing in Oz...you may have to start watching what you say on your blog.

Brook said...

I feel for you-the hyper and pooping thing. Why do our bodies react so to stress, be it good or bad? I have been so stressed that all of my cycles are completely out of whack.

Scarlet said...

Black shoes with a gray suit.
Brown bad.

I am so thrilled (and a wee jealous) for you Lyv!

Stop stressing ... it'll all work out fine.
You'll see ....

Dingo said...

Brown shoes would go with a navy suit but not black. Bad, very bad.

Toss everything! Don't move that stuff! And not only did Maria have a guitar but she made clothes out of curtains! Then again, so did Scarlett O'Hara. Choose your heroine.

Roxrocks said...

I've been pooping enough for the both of us. :(

These are exciting times for you missy, don't forget to take some moments for reflection.

trinity67 said...

Oh Lyvvie I'm so pleased for you!

AND you make me laugh until I snort - love it!

Sylvana said...

Yay! Now I can come visit you AGAIN!! That area of the globe was next on our list :)

Ree said...

About the poop thing?!? Try romaine lettuce 2 out of 3 meals for a week. It works. Believe me. ;-)

Marg said...

Such a nerve racking but exciting time!

The offer I made last time you were talking about this stuff still stands!

Maja said...

Yay! I'm so excited! We are going to Melbourne for a visit mid June, do you think you'll be there by then? It'll be so awesome to finally meet in real life!

tornwordo said...

Woman needs to poop! Fig Newtons work nicely I've found.

I'm not totally committed to being jealous yet, but as soon as that paper is signed...

Manblogger641 said...

When you get to Australia take lots of pictures!!!

Crystal* said...

I don't check in for a bit, and you're switching continents on me?
Wow.
*blinking*
Breathe deeply.
Find some fiber.
Enjoy the change of scenery!
Hugs,
Crystal*