Monday, December 01, 2008

Jolea told me too.

Jolea said everyone should put their iPods on shuffle and list the first ten songs that come up. So here goes...

1. The Icicle Works - Love is A Wonderful Color

2. Fields of Nephilium - Moonchild

3. Luther Vandross - Never Too Much (From the Grand Theft Auto Vice City collection) Skipped.

4. The Damned - Eloise

5. The Violent Femmes - Blister in The Sun

6. Julian Cope - World Shut Your Mouth Hump that mic you scary bird man.

7. Westworld - Sonic Boom Boy

8. ELO - Four Little Diamonds

9. Siouxie and The Banshees - Happy House

10. Bauhaus - Ziggy Stardust


Apparently I have way too much 80's music on my iPod. Why it didn't pick up any of the gym pod tunes I don't know, but that's what you get. 80's saturation. Wait...why is it only giving me 80's tunes? Fuck - no wonder, it's on the 80's playlist. Let's get off the playlist and try again...

1. Fair - Ben Folds Five

2. Feng Shui - Gnarls Barkley

3. Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello

4. See You In The Morning - Mint Royale (Can't find the track so listen to Blue Song instead. No wait! Try Show Me! Why not just buy the CD and enjoy them all. I adore Mint Royale.)

5. We Belong - Pat Benatar

6. Oily Water - Blur This one bugs me as it always makes me think the battery's running flat.

7. Lime House - The Breeders

8. Me & Mr. Jones (Fuckery) - Amy Winehouse

9. Racine - Buffalo Tom

10. I'm Not Dead - Pink

I know for a fact no one is going to listen to all of those but I was a bit bored this morning and really didn't want to wash the dishes and strip the beds so it was a suitable procrastination. However it's done now so on with the dishpan hands.

11 comments:

Brook said...

I don't own an ipod, that is reserved for the too cool 16 yr old. Apparently I am just not mp3 material cause I only recognise a few of your tunes. Of course, I never know the names of any of the songs on the radio and can't even hum a few bars to get my husband too tell what it is I just heard and liked. Oh! The patheticness of the tone deaf and rythmically challenged!

force ten hurricane said...

My ipod has been on shuffle all morning, but here's the first ten that came up after I read your blog entry. :D

1 Ty Cobb - Soundgarden
2 Flood - Tool
3 Old Man - JJ Cale
4 La Drogue - Ali Farka Toure
5 Pastures of Plenty - Terri Hendrix
6 Give Your Heart Away - The Black Keys
7 Mogo Lou - Yoro Diallo dit Tiekr...
8 Someday, Someway - Jeff Healey Band
9 Gari Mademo Shina - Bainito Muyanda
10 Vietnow - Rage Against the Machine

Cheers from frosty Louisiana,
Karen

Roxrocks said...

Your tastes are so eclectic!

Dingo said...

Oooh! Lots of new music for me to listen to. And our 80s experience was obviously very different because I don't even know half those songs. Hey, were you even born in the 80s?

tornwordo said...

That was really fun to do, thanks for tomorrow's post, lol. I can't believe all my bands have videos on youtube. That was the best part, finding those things. Shuffle is the bestest.

Lyvvie said...

Brook - Who says you're not MP3 material? Just find a cheap one, get an iTunes account and experience the world of music in a whole new way.

Karen - Neat stuff! I only know a couple of those bands so I'll have to dig in and find those new sounds.

Roxy - You have no idea. I'm surprised Weird Al didn't come up.

Dingo - I was born 1-1-72 so I was a well obnoxious teen through most of the 80's. First cassette tape was The Cars and Cyndi Lauper.

Tornwordo - I'll be peeking over to find what you've got.

Lyvvie said...

Tapes were (not tape was). They were in my X-mas stocking.

Jomamma said...

Girl... I was in Jr. High school when you were born! And Brook I HAVE an Ipod... get a Ipod Shuffle... I love mine. I'll have to post my tunes this weekend.

Jolea said...

Yay Lyvvie! I'm so happy you did your list!!! There's some good stuff going on there! :)

Brook said...

Well, my big girl(16) rolls her eyes whenever I do or say anything, or wear anything for that matter, that reminds her that I am still young, though I am a few months older that Lyvvie. And I think my first tape was Tears for Fears, Or maybe Duran Duran. I lived for Friday Night Videos!

sideshow bob said...

Dang...I used to do one of these every Friday. Maybe I'll start it up again.

Here's what I got when I hit schuffle:

1) White Chalk - PJ Harvey
2) New Year - The Breeders
3) About a Girl - Nirvana (Bleach version, thank you very much!)
4) Color Me Once - Violent Femmes
5) Y Control - Yeah Yeah Yeahs
6) Marriage of Figaro - Mozart
7) Venus Man Trap - Veruca Salt
8) Levitate Me - Pixies
9) Canyon - Kelley Deal 6000
10)Spring Hall Convert - Deerhunter