Monday, November 24, 2008

Where to buy?!

Husband sent me an e-mail asking for one of the tax disc holders in he picture.

Husband wants.

I of course want to oblige, but where to get one?!

My head is feeling a lot better after sitting with a hot water bottle on my face for a few hours. I now have a killer knot of pain under my left shoulder blade - this lets me know that whole debacle is caused by a trapped nerve. I get this sometimes if I twist around and reach up. Used to happen all the time when the toilet roll holder was above and behind on the wall. The next day it would feel like someone had punched me in the middle of my back. Just now it's that with added neck strain. I've spent half the day trying to pull the muscle gently into a stretch and then rub it, until the blood flows out my hands and they tingle annoyingly. I crackle a lot. Tight tendon crackle noises are creepy. I keep worrying I've stepped on one of the kid's toys.

I went to the gym today (After a lot of stretching and painkillers) and although my stamina is down (four weeks off will do that) my strength is unchanged. I was getting really worried I'd lose my muscle tone but apparently I'm made of tougher, muscly stuff. For which I'm thankful. But I pulled off my 40 minutes cardio (jogged) and weights for legs and butt. I'll leave off the arms and back until the pain subsides.

I'm going to do Leigh Peele's 30 day One Big Meal challenge. I've been collecting recipes to use and may do a post series about it. I should commit, but my enthusiasm waxes and wanes. Yesterday I was all YES; today I'm a bit meh. I'll probably do it. It's blog fodder, if anything.

I hate that standard Women's trouser lengths are 29', 31', and 33'. I need a 32'. So all the damned time my trousers are either a hint too short, or need cuffed. This is why I have to break my rule of not wearing men's clothes anymore, and buy men's jeans because at least I can always get the length right, even if they bag at the waist because I'm an hourglass shape and need the bigger waist to get over my hips. Someone (preferably female) empathise with me please!

12 comments:

Jomamma said...

32... Ha, I have to have 36 length...I always end up with Boot Cut Wranglers. No ass and all legs. I like everything about guys jeans except the way they make room for a 'willie' when you sit down.

KayakNej said...

Shoulders, torso, waist, hips, thighs....I'm the same width all the way down. So, jeans that fit my butt are too skinny in the waist, jeans that fit my waist bag in the butt something fierce. :-)

Brook said...

Well, my inseam is only 28 and here in the states most pants are 32 though occasionally I find 30. Any way, being a curvy hourglass myself at a SHORT 5'3/4"(you can do that)the jeans that fit my hips don't fit anywhere else, I feel for you-though I have to brag a bit-I found a clearance store here where I have found Freya bras in 34G & H (US) for the awesome price of drumroll please.....$12!!!!!! Can you believe it?!?!

Lyvvie said...

Hell Judith! Are you six feet tall? I am talking inseams here. If you are too, then damn, you've got Rachel Hunter beat.

Kay - So you should wear men's jeans too, and avoid all the sagging.

Brook - I love freya bras! Their underwire t-shirt bras are my favourite and I have them in a few colours and patterns.

Dingo said...

I need 32 as well. I end up buying 33 and cutting them myself. I'm one stylish chick, I tell ya. Nothing says "chic" like threads hanging from the bottom of your jeans. I also wear my boyfriend's jeans sometimes. But he gets mad if I cut his. Selfish, huh?

Sorry you weren't feeling well. Hope you're doing better by now.

Overboard said...

lol@jomamma

Maja said...

I have no idea what length pants I wear. I didn't know they came in those lengths.

Ree said...

I'm right there with you on wearing men's jeans. Yes, if I get the length right, and get them over my ass, I can fit a toddler down the waist.

Jolea said...

Yeah... I'm a 35 by the tape, 34 too short, 36 just right after a wash or two. I'm 5'7" but ALL legs! Enough talk from the Boobie section, I got legs not boobs.

Jolea said...

Crap, I'm in Jolea's computer... It's me Jomamma.. disguised as my daughter. But Hell we're almost the same size except she belongs to the Boob club.

Shelia said...

I'm with Brooke. I'm only 5/1 and a size 10, so finding jeans to fit are always a good time. Even "short" jeans don't seem to fit right most of the time. I've resigned myself to expensive as hell Levi's at $39 a pair which seem to fit the best. Old Navy seems to do the short and tall okay, but sometimes they fit funky in the waist.

As for the bras? I'm a DD and sometimes DDD, so you must share where you found these Freya bras as I've never heard of them! In fact, I drive 4 hours south (in Alaska!) to a specialty bra store to buy my bras at ungodly prices. But, it's worth it if it makes my rack look good enough to motorboat! Or, so my husband says...hehe!

Jomamma said...

I like Levi's 501 button downs too. Jolea found some bras in Melbourne that she liked really well.. Her boobs look so much better now, not as una-boob anymore.