Saturday, November 22, 2008

There's a village of trolls in my head...

I'm guessing. I don't what else could be causing the extreme pain down the left side of my head and neck. The pounding behind my eye in under my cheekbone is driving me crazy. Trolls are excavating more space within my skull and now down my neck, as I'm in no doubt, they are breeding. You may be thinking sinus infection, and I would almost agree except that there's nothing there. I mean, and I apologize for the indelicacy, but there's nothing to blow, nothing draining and just nothing in there to cause this kind of pounding even though I have the constant urge to snerk. That is the proper word for that extreme kind of deep inhaled sniffle one does prior to hawking (Harking? Hauking?* Never been sure) a lungie (I may have got snerk from Calvin and Hobbes). My ear is hot, my neck is sore and yes....yes I've been champing. The teeth grinding and jaw pain is driving me nuts too. Can't wear my glasses as they are incredibly sore on my nose, which means I can't read. But, of course I can't not read, so I'm wearing the broken glasses that only have one arm as they are the lightest. You're not getting a picture of that.


Photosensitive (too many white backgrounds with black text, it's killing me), audiosensitive (Turn that TV down!! Stop shouting!!), and being downright tetchy as a result. I thought kids were supposed to have better hearing than 30somethings.

Can't sleep.

Sounds like I'm stressed. Which explains why I'm hungry all the time. All. The. Time. It's ridiculous. I don't eat a ton at any one time but I seem to eat all day long. It's not good for me. At least I'm back to the gym on Monday. (You hear that, kids! No sickies allowed! You just better stay healthy or Mommy will go mental!) Yet, I don't feel stressed. I don't feel depressed. I feel fine in those respects.

I may just give in and buy the damned codeine tablets and hope for the best. I've only needed them once before, but I'm still glad to live where I can get them over the counter and not have to pester my GP with such a thing

I bought the newest Adrian Mole book called The Lost Diaries of Adrian Mole 1999-2001 which I was surprised to see as I was under the impression Sue Townsend wasn't going to write any more so she could deal her poor health. She was registered blind in 2001. I'm pleasantly surprised to see she'd not given up after all. On checking Wiki, I see she has another Adrian Mole book planned for next year called The Prostate Years. I read my first Adrian Mole book when I was thirteen and have been an avid fan ever since. I even, once upon a time, had a penpal in England named Adrian. I was so excited.

Sassy is getting a bit surly and clingy all at once. "I hate you! LOVEME!!" kind of thing. She's driving me nuts. I'm supposed to go out today and get a birthday present for my mother-in-law but I'm not feeling up to it, and there's a Pokemon movie marathon on. I just didn't have the energy to fight, nor the want to hear the decibels she'd launch at me if I said "We're going shopping." Thing is, it's nice out today, and it's supposed to rain tomorrow. Well, snow really. they predict snow. I laugh at that. No way. Not here. Yes there's a foot in Aberdeen, but I'm costal and in the valley. Not gonna happen. (That's Murphy's cue to prove me wrong so I can bunk off tomorrow, too.) (Should there be a comma before too? I always thought there was but now it looks funny.)

Time to watch the Pokemon movie now. I promised to sit with her and watching it with her. I'm a good mother, and I shall resist the urge to pull a book into my lap no matter how bored I get with the movie.

I want popcorn.

8 comments:

Brook said...

I had that exact same pain and it turned out to be a tooth. According to my dentist a small cavity that got a big infection. Thankfully no root canal required. And you know people, especially light and sound sensitive ones, reported seizures after watching the first Pokemon movie. My oldest daughter-now nearly 16-is STILL into Pokemon if you can believe it. Oh the movies I have suffered through and I too rate that high on the Good Mom-O-Meter. Forrest Gump just popped in to say "that's all I got to say about that."

Lyvvie said...

Oh I hope it's not a tooth problem. I wake up with half a chipmunk face, I'll let you know.

I think most Moms can recite any given Disney animation by heart. It's a badge of honor.

Jomamma said...

My kids learned at an early age, if it's animation get Dad, not Mom. Jolea just purchased a DVD of The Grinch Who Stole Christmas! It comes on every night on TBS! Damn that Ted Turner "But now we can watch it whenever we miss it!"

I hope it's not as tooth, but that would be an easy fix. We cringe at our house when someone has a snerk. Jody's problems started with a Snerk then went to as squeek. If you can't work out then you know you need to see a Dr. My Dr. actusally told me that once... "when you are so sick you can't exercise or exercise doesn't make you feel better then you are REALLY sick."

Ree said...

Ear infection maybe? I'm sitting here with the 17 year old ... who is watching The Suite Life of Zach and Cody on Disney! Apparently they never grow up.

tornwordo said...

I hope you get to the bottom of this malady. sounds kinda migrainy.

I hope you get snow too, if it's going to be cold, we might as well have a bit of snow don't you think?

Chick said...

I hope those trolls move to a new neighborhood soon.

I've been on a popcorn binge lately...can not seem to get enough of it.

Sylvana said...

I get migraines and sinus infections. Most of these symptoms are very much migraine symptoms - pain on one side of the head, pain behind an eye, photosensitivity, audiosensitivity, pain down the side of the neck, even the pressure in the cheekbone. Migraines are often times caused by stress. They can also be triggered by a sinus infection/irritation. And I have had sinus infections/irritations that were so far back that there was no dripping and I could even sometime breath through the respective nostril.

My advice to you is drink LOTS OF WATER!! Get lots of rest, and do something to reduce the stress.
Also, a great way to alleviate some of the pain is to massage the painful side the neck from right behind your ear to your shoulder -- you may need help with this, but I do many of my own. Make sure to include the entire muscle that runs along the jugular. Make sure to really get in there but slowly- pretend that you are trying to soften taffy. You should feel some release in your sinuses on the side that you are massaging, and this should also release some of the pressure and pain behind your eye as well.

Hope you feel better soon!

KayakNej said...

I've been doing a bowl of popcorn every night now, for about two weeks. Just out of no where!

We got a dusting of snow on Saturday am....but besides that, we've been spared....so far. (I agree, this is definitely the best time for Murphy to come and snow on our parade.)