Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It's done!

I've voted. The ballot is currently on its way back to Massachusetts. I also had to vote on local elections which was not fun looking up. Massachusetts wants to ban dog racing. I went to the greyhound races several times and had a great time. But the issue isn't about me it's about animal welfare. Yet they call for an all out ban as opposed to regulation and monitoring animal health. I just think if the dog tracks go, then the horse tracks are next. So I voted to keep things as they are. Other than that nothing else was very interesting.

Husband has put up a couple pictures taken recently at a new Chinese restaurant we visited over the weekend. While waiting to pay we noticed someone's very interesting creations: a Blue-tac restuarant. Isn't it cute! I asked him to take the pictures (My phone and camera was in the trunk of our car). I love how there's a gob of tac waiting to be moulded into shape.

Made more mini pies. Apple and blueberry this time. Very little sugar - in fact these had no sugar apart from the decoration on the top. I used agave syrup instead because it's supposed to be lower GI and stuff. Pie was lovely. No more pie this week.

7 comments:

Jomamma said...

What cute sculptures, that's a good idea. Jolea and I may make some pies this weekend. She wanted to make some last night, and again tonight, I think she gets bored during the day sitting around doing phone interviews.

Ree said...

Yay you for getting your ballot in! Why did I think you were from the south, though? ;-)

And yum on the pies. They sound lovely.

Chick said...

The pies sound yummy...is agave as sweet as sugar? (I'm sure it's healthier all the way around).

Jomamma said...

Ree, you thought she was from the South b/c the South has a lot of 'tough chics' but Mass. is the Mother-land of tough chics... Baaston!

Roxrocks said...

I'm glad you voted!!

LuLu said...

Love the new background. :)

sideshow bob said...

We used to have a greyhound race track near our town. Sylvana and I never went to it except for the time they held wiener dog races...WHICH WERE AWESOME!!!


BTW- How rude of me not to thank you for your family's hospitality. Thanks!