Friday, October 31, 2008

Almost There

End is near

A few little things to do (tiling and electrics) and the kitchen will be done. I'm getting really annoyed now with the kitchen displacement, as you folks know I love to cook and tinker about in my kitchen so not having it available to me has been awful. Eating take away dinners was fun for a couple nights but now it downright sucks. At least my washing machine is working and I can do some of the metric tonne of laundry that's accumulated over the past four days.

The offending panel
The panel over the stove will need replaced. It hides the extractor fan and to activate it you'd pull the handle (which is also missing) out and the fan and a light comes on. But when I pull the panel out it hits me in the forehead. so they're getting a shorter panel. they say they used to use a shorter panel, but customers complained that the fan was visible while the panel was open. I think that's dumb because who gives a shit if you can see it while it's on? It's while it's closed I don't want to now about it. Obviously preferred by those who don't cook.

Panel hits mePanel hits me

10 comments:

Roxrocks said...

Nice kitchen! And then you're going to move?!

Lyvvie said...

Story of my life. I keep making houses nice for other jerks to live in.

KayakNej said...

The kitchen looks great!!!! Well worth the wait!

Lyvvie said...

It does look nice and I'm psyched to have cupboards. The old one was sadly lacking in storage and everything was cluttered all the time. I now have space to hide the stuff. If only I could get a closet into this house, then it would feel like a home to me.

Overboard said...

Your kitchen has been totally transformed. Wow!!
I agree about the fan cover. There sure are a bunch of dumb shits out there. It would drive me mad to have a fan cover in my face the entire time. So what if you can see the fan while you are cooking!

p.s Sassy is your spitting image.

Ree said...

It's really pretty... I never heard though, of the overhead fans going into hiding...ours just sit there when not in use!

Jomamma said...

Nice! I like that fan cover thing, our fan is just there, under the microwave. No one in this country thinks about concealing something like a fan. We used to have this huge Vent-a-hood... we called it the Headbanger, if you got anywhere near it you'd end up with a knot on your head. They were so huge the garbage men wouldn't even pick them up, you had to haul them off yourself if you remodeled.

Maja said...

Wow that was quick! It looks fab! Isn't that you in the bottom photos? If it's you you look way young. Love those glasses.

Shorty said...

OMG it looks so good!! and so do you!!

Daisy said...

I LOVE your new kitchen!!! Very nice.