Friday, September 19, 2008

What my friend Kel said...

I stole it from her Xanga page. I then e-mailed it to the McCain supporters in my family. Wonder if they'll stop sending me pro Republican junk now? Just in case, send me any and all Pro Democrat e-mails you get to the gmail account. That would be: lyvvie@gmail.com

Sent to me by a friend, forwarded from the Great Ether:

I'm a little confused. Let me see if I have this straight...

If you grow up in Hawaii , raised by your grandparents, you're 'exotic, different.'
Grow up in Alaska eating moose burgers, that's a quintessential American story.

If your name is Barack you're a radical, unpatriotic Muslim.
Name your kids Willow , Trig and Track, you're a maverick.

Graduate from Harvard law School and you are unstable.
Attend five different small colleges before graduating, you're well-grounded.

If you spend three years as a community organizer, become the first black President of the Harvard Law Review, create a voter registration drive that registers 150,000 new voters, spend 12 years as a Constitutional Law professor, spend 8 years as a State Senator representing a district with over 750,000 people, become chairman of the state Senate's Health and Human Services committee, spend 4 years in the United States Senate representing a state of 13 million people while sponsoring 131 bills and serving on the Foreign Affairs, Environment and Public Works and Veteran's Affairs committees, you don't have any real leadership experience.
If your total resume is: local weather girl, four years on the city council and six years as the mayor of a town with fewer than 7,000 people, and 20 months as the governor of a state with only 650,000 people, then you're qualified to become the country's second-highest-ranking executive.

If you have been married to the same woman for 19 years while raising two beautiful daughters, all within Protestant churches, you're not a real Christian.
If you cheated on your first wife with a rich heiress, and left your disfigured wife and married the heiress the next month, you're a Christian.

If you teach responsible, age-appropriate sex education, including the proper use of birth control, you are eroding the fiber of society.
If, while governor, you staunchly advocate abstinence only, with no other option in sex education in your state's school system, while your unwed teen daughter ends up pregnant, you're very responsible.

If your wife is a Harvard-graduate lawyer who gave up a position in a prestigious law firm to work for the betterment of her inner-city community, then gave that up to raise a family, your family's values don't represent America's.
If your husband is nicknamed 'First Dude', with at least one DWI conviction and no college education, and who didn't register to vote until age 25, and once was a member of a group that advocated the secession of Alaska from the USA, your family is extremely admirable.

OK, much clearer now.

8 comments:

Roxrocks said...

I've seen this one and I approve this message.

Ree said...

Isn't this great?!?

Overboard said...

Uh. Makes me wanna puke knowing that McFry is gonna win this because in the end it will be the uneducated, macho, thick American electorate[the idiots who unfortunately make up most of the country] who will vote the Palin ticket merely because of the Dude stuff and pictures of her holding guns.
Sigh.
We are all doomed.

Jomamma (judith) said...

Send this to me at my email account. I need to send it to all those I've pissed off because I told them to quit sending me McCain crap... I just need a good dig on them.

This kind of crap makes me regret ever voting Republican... yes I said it, I HAVE NEVER voted Democratic... but there's always a first time. I think our only hope is all the first time really young voters. I think the kids like him. Palin is a idiotic skank... selfish bitch. She needs to stay home and take care of her kids...

Overboard said...

Just popping in to say I've shut down me blog. Evil roar. It was getting too much for me to juggle along with the emotional rollercoaster I'm suffering from right now called love. I'm okay. Just taking a break because there was quite a bit of pressure there to keep blogging for those who had been reading for years and well, I need a break. I'll be reading your blog and commenting still though. You have been warned.

Overboard said...

Just popping in to say I've shut down me blog. Evil roar. It was getting too much for me to juggle along with the emotional rollercoaster I'm suffering from right now called love. I'm okay. Just taking a break because there was quite a bit of pressure there to keep blogging for those who had been reading for years and well, I need a break. I'll be reading your blog and commenting still though. You have been warned.

Northern musings said...

Thank goodness there are some people that still have a few cells left to rub together. However, they did vote for Bush, twice....

Jomamma said...

I'm sorry, I truly am, it's just that we here in Texas tend to back our guy and sometimes we end up with the stinky end of the stick. But we're not stupid.

News on the horizon... The independent party member is trying to keep both McCain and Obama off the Nov. ballot in Texas! Because of a ruling that says if the parties have not chosen a rep by a certain date their name will not appear on the ballot... they were both late! So me and a WHOLE lot of other people may not be voting.