Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Just so you know...

I'm not a Republican. I'm Pro-Choice. I'm an Atheist. I feel I just need to get this out there because some folks just lump me in along with their own very Republican views and I'm sorry to be the one to break your heart, but: I'm Not A Republican.

I get a frightening amount of Obama bashing emails currently. Not many McCain bashing ones though. Does this mean I have far too many Republicans in my life and not enough Democrats, or that Democrats have far more important things to do than send snarky propaganda emails? I have no doubts there are plenty, I'm just saying - I need more Democrat friends. Balance is essential.

We get The Daily Show with Jon Stewart, and thank you for it, I have to say. Granted we get them a week late, so we got the Sept. 5th episode just last night. What a brilliant episode. Cannot wait to watch more.

Still not feeling well, but much better. Annoying tummy bugs, but that's all. Shorty is still struggling with her cold, but is much better. I think she'll be ready to go back to school tomorrow. Her asthma kick off easily which means she's needing her inhaler a lot, but only once so far today.

Very bored. So bored. Bored.

*sigh*

Several hours later...Still bored and now slightly insane. I show folks the inside of my fridge. I must have gotten confused with taking photos with this camera where I turn it on its side and then adjust later, but I can't adjust film. So, I aplogise if you get a crick in your neck.

9 comments:

Robin F. said...

Did you know you can watch the Daily Show and the Colbert Report (which is just as funny, if not funnier) online in the UK directly from the Comedy Central Website? I too love watching it.

Oh and I am a Obama supporter, in fact we've talked about the election enough in front of our 4 year old, that as we were visiting my parents and my mom mentioned Bush (thanks to some political playing cards) he said, but what about Obama!

Enjoy the Daily Show it is great!

Lyvvie said...

I've been trying to watch the vids on CC, but I keep getting white screen. I have to pull the embed code and pretend to put it in a post to watch it. Which gets annoying after a while.

Roxrocks said...

I think you need to start returning those Obama-bashing emails with something. A comment, a nasty McCain one, anything.

I heart John Stewart and I totally have the hots for Colbert.

LuLu said...

You nut. :)

First, it is terribly odd to hear you talk in a Scottish accent. I always sit and giggle because I knew you with the Boston accent. ;)

Second, the kitchen... I hear you with the space. I lived it and it is awful. I am so happy to hear of the gutting. :) As hard a project it is, it is worth it in the end. You will love the outcome. I am still overwhelmed by the tansformation and wonder if I am in the right place!

Third, you gave me a great idea for a video. I will make one of the craft room tonight. :)

Lastly, I miss you pumpkin. Sending hugs way out there. :)

Lyvvie said...

I can't wait until it comes! The guys haven't set the date yet which makes me twitch but we agreed October. I don't care as long as it's before X-mas.

At least my accent has taken 13 years to warp. Madonna was an English Lady after only six!

Ree said...

I love the "Shit!" ;-)

Crystal* said...

I'm a Democrat.

I think this bullshit about the pig and lipstick is a cheap underhanded way for the Republican party and specifically McCain to try and sling mud without getting himself dirty. What a crock of shit.

Palin a heartbeat away from the presidency? I'm with Matt Damon. It gives me nightmares.

Now...as for Obama. If he weren't such a chickenshit prideful man, he may have put the former first lady on his ticket. But I suppose his nuts drew up at the idea.

Okay.
I feel better.
Thanks.
lmao
Grins*

Jomamma (judith) said...

Love the tour of the tiny kitchen... I don't see how you Europeans function in such a small space. My kitchen is small on US standards but it's still about three times the size of yours. And your fridge is so small. Bless your heart... a new kitchen will be so nice.

I will vote Democratic for the first time in my life and the first President I voted for was Ford!!! I agree, I'm sick of the McCain bullshit. Ball-less wonder!

I pissed off a former co-worker when I emailed her and said I was so sick of getting email with mud slinging about crap no one knew anything about. I have not gotten an email from her in about 4 months. Havent' missed her a bit.

It will be hard for Obama to win Texas... we're such red-necks and so many people here secretly have their white sheets hanging in the closet on a coathanger... but he does have a better chance without Hillary. We don't have much respect for a woman who doesn't kick her cheating scumbag husband to the curb when she had the chance.

There I've said my peace.

Anonymous said...

Proudly sporting my Obama sticker here in TX---no one's broken my rear window yet! My neighbors have "Are eight years enough? Vote Democratic" signs in their yards.

I love Jon Stewart, Colbert, and Bill Maher. Maher has some REALLY good stuff on YouTube, look him up under his name and "real time", his new show.

Obama '08!

J