Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Craziness!

I'm all over the shop just now. Can't grab time alone to save my life. Haven't been alone for days and as I keep getting picked on for my loud typing and the computer in in the living room *sigh* it's just a fucking nuisance really. Not my fucking fault the keyboard is so clacky. I'm a fervent typist, I get impassioned as the words flow out my fingers and I may bash a bit. But not any more then anyone else who gets into a typing zone and closes out the world and it's just them and the words. That's my story and I'm sticking to it, as he saying goes.

I've had lots to talk about too. But now I feel like the sheer volume of babble I have contained within will be mind numbing if put into one lengthy post and no one ever reads those posts, really do they? They skim the paragraphs maybe to be polite and make a coherent comment but that's it.

Tonight is the last episode of Lost In Austen which I'll do a big post about as it's been a fantastic show. Modern girl Amanda Price who's life is fairly dull and typical. Works in a bank, has a boyfriend who's less than dashing and a roommate who's a bit tarty. Amanda does love her Pride and Prejudice and has read the novel several times. She loves Darcy, loves Lizzy loves the whole thing. So it's quite a shock that mid paragraph at a tasty part of the book she hears a scuffle in her bathroom. Upon investigation she finds Lizzy Bennet standing in her bathtub amidst dangling underpants and tights wearing her nightgown and cap. Trippy. Turns out there's a door in the attic of Longbourne that never opens except for tonight and Lizzy can pass into Amanda's world, and Amanda can pass into P&P. Chapter one no less. What they didn't know was once Amanda stepped through, the door was shut and locked again and now, the story is playing out. (And Amanda isn't exactly in period dress.)

It was our 13th anniversary yesterday (Can I wear black for a year and dress like a Goth? Please? I kind of want to go whiteface and abuse eyeliner) and we didn't do anything really but Husband surprised us by scoring a new Wiifit! Yes!! These things have been sold out all over the UK and we've been trying for ages to get one. This one was actually reserved for a lady to collect on Saturday but she didn't show so it's ours now. It's a lot of fun and extremely weird to try and orient ourselves. Favourite game so far is heading the soccer ball and ski jump. The kids like the jogging program and chasing the dog.

That's all for now I have stuff to get to. Busy! The kids are off school today because of staff strikes. So annoying. I still made them get dressed and clean themselves and Sassy had homework to do before the TV was allowed back on. I am not popular. But I thought it was important to impress upon them that just because school was canceled does not mean they get a free day. They'll have phonics later - both of them. Sassy's spelling is atrocious and I think a phonics basis is going to help her. They don't teach it the same here as they do in America and the American way is better in my opinion. Later they can watch Electric Company. I'm not heartless.

9 comments:

Jomamma said...

I'm confused... it Lost in Austen a book or a television episode? Sounds good.

They don't teach phonics here in America the way they used... it's sad b/c without it no one can spell. And now day's people don't even pay attention to the spell checker on the computer when it's all but screaming that the word is misspelled.

btw... I'm a loud typist too, very fast and I tend to wear the letters off the keyboard I'm so rough on it. That's why I take the laptop outside...

tornwordo said...

I only skim if it's a paragraph I'm not interested in. Otherwise I feel too guilty.

Overboard said...

I must say I do skip your reviews of TV and books.
I like reading about your thoughts and looking at your bentoes.
Why don't you move the computer to another room? I can understand how the clack can be annoying. Unless it's me typing, it really gets on my tits.

Ree said...

It's those extra "u"s they stick in everyplace. ;-)

Lyvvie said...

Jomamma - This is a TV series in four parts. Last part is tonight and I'm rather twitchy for it as it's been a surprisingly brilliant show.

Tornwordo - I'm the same but I feel if I've not read it properly I have no right to comment. So if I comment you should feel assured I actually read the post.

Overbored - I have no other room sadly. I have a cottage sized semi. (OK that sentence made me smile to myself in a naughty way tee hee) And the clacking is annoying if it's someone else, I agree. funny how Husband never thinks he clacks. As far as he's concerned he types on clouds.

Overboard said...

LOL types on clouds. hahahahhahahahahahhahahahahahahah.

Northern musings said...

I got recommended lost in austen by amazon (tells you something hey!). Anyway I am pre-ordering it - sounds like my kind of show... I too come and read, mostly read everything, sometimes I just skim... but i do love your writing, so keep it up. Am looking forward to reading about your adventures in the future.

Maja said...

Lost in Austen sounds awesome! I looooooove Pride and Prejudice. My favourite book. I read your entire posts, no skimming, I love them.

Roxrocks said...

I been busy too and I just frigging hate it. Derwood's been home and we've been renovating. Translation:I've been renovating.

You totally booted my ass at our last Word Twist game. WTG!