Sunday, June 29, 2008

Vegan Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies



I found this recipe here flickr but couldn't find it again which was frustrating as I never wrote down the recipe. So I had to google around for a chocolate cookie recipe, and then a peanut butter one and put them together. So what I have here is a vegan recipe but if you're not a vegan or, like me, have a kid with allergies to milk and eggs, then use butter.

Chocolate Cookie dough:

3.5oz vegan spread
3oz sugar
pinch of salt
2oz self rising flour
4oz of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of cocoa powder (sorry I'm an Imperial girl living in a metric world - my wires get crossed)
2tsp vanilla extract

Cream spread and sugar together and then knead in the rest of the ingredients to form a nice ball of dough. Set aside.

Peanut butter dough:
(Now, I don't really have a recipe as I kind of winged it, but here's what I did)

1/2 cup of peanut butter
1/2 a cup of flour
1 tsp vanilla extract

Knead it until a soft dough ball forms. Add the flour is small amounts until the right texture is achieved, as in you can roll wee peanut butter balls.

Take a chunk of the chocolate dough and roll a ball in your hands, then flatten out to make a small cup shape. put a peanut butter ball in the middle and curl the chocolate around until peanut butter is completely hidden. Flatten out and add to a pan.

These came out really nice and a bit cakey. Crumbly and not too sweet. Absolutely brilliant with a cup of hot coffee or glass of milk.

This recipe made a dozen and I had extra peanut butter so I'll freeze it for another recipe.



4 comments:

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I fell off (and out) the diet and exercise wagon :( Damn colleagues. Damn ice-cream. Damn bubble tea. Damn itchy mouth. Damn damning craving. :(

I should go to my room and measure my waist line now. Boohoo.

LuLu said...

Looks good- I will have to give it a try. :)

Sarah said...

*tries to think of what to use instead of peafuck butter*

Sophie said...

I'm Sophie, Key Ingredient's Chief Blogger. We would like to feature this recipe on our blog. Please email sophiekiblogger@gmail.com if interested. Thanks :)

Sophie
http://blog.keyingredient.com/