Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sassy Bento 11.6.08



I know I said yesterday that I was only giving Sassy a single tier for the rest of the week, but I couldn't fit what I wanted to give her for her lunch into one - and it would've been a wee bit icky I think - so she gets two

Top has seed brittle and raisin cookies and the edible joke for the day.

Middle has grilled sausages and omelette - two eggs, tbs of cream cheese, dash of soy, dash of mirin and whisked until the cream cheese was mostly mixed in. Yes it did look a bit sickly in the pan, but tasted awesome - with broccoli garnish.

Bottom has carrot shapes, raw broccoli, babybel cut in half and imitation crab bites with curried garlic cream cheese for dipping.

Crap, just noticed I left out the word "are" in the joke. Ah well.

2 comments:

Overboard said...

I'm gonna try that omelet recipe tomorrow. Sounds delish.
Sassy looks fine. I think she should be getting two-tiers cos it seems that you feed your family really well, with healthy stuff. It's not like your kids live off crap.

Lyvvie said...

Whisk it a lot, or it will look like sick in the pan.

My kids beg me to let them live off crap. I'm the Wicked Witch for making them eat healthy. They'll grow up to rebel and consume nothing but Mars bars and cola until their teeth fall out.