Sunday, May 18, 2008

Husband Bento 19/5/08




I know it's against the rules to make bento the night before, but I'll be damned if I'm waking up at 5:30 just to make the Man's lunch, and wouldn't expect me to, either because he's awesome.

Monday is a gym day, so the top extra is mixed unsalted nuts, dates and a couple figs.

Middle is roasted chicken breast, rocket leaves on the bottom and ham roll-ups with Mexican cheddar and salad.

Bottom has mixed veggies and a cup of cream cheese with cayenne.

This all goes into an insulated lunchbox with an apple and a plum.

5 comments:

Ree said...

No love note?

Anonymous said...

You are making us lazy wives and mothers look like shit with all this Bento-love.

Seriously girl, smack 'em around a little and blog about it, m'kay? For me?
-Rox

Lyvvie said...

It's not that big a deal, really. Rolled up ham, a bit of squished rice with a face on it. The whole point was to give them proper food, no crap, no processed horrors or foods in a plastic bag and save money. Sure it takes a little longer to get together, but the benefits to all of us really make it worth while.

How about this - yesterday we bought Sassy a dinosaur thing in goo, she's building a collection, but she annoyed us so much by bugging her sister who then shrieks and seriously annoys us that we told her she couldn't open it untl we say so. Then sniggered at her pouting face all night. "That'll teach her." SEE - we can be shits too. It's still on my desk, unopened.

tornwordo said...

I want you to come over and make my lunches. It always looks so fun. Plus I love the attention to healthful choices. I make whatever is most convenient, which right now is a cheese sandwich. Maybe if I cut it into the shape of a panda head, hmmm....

NWJR said...

Marry me?

(Note to Lyvvie's hubby: just kidding.)