Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bentos for 28/5/08

Husband's bento also looks a simple affair - Perhaps making these up so late at night isn't such a good idea?

Top has carrot and red pepper wit turkey and cheese roll-ups with a few bites of mini salami.

Bottom are three very big inarizushi filled with the horseradish furikake and smoked salmon. He also got a sidecar of mixed nuts and dates, an apple and an orange.

yeah yeah...over exposed. *sigh*


Sassy's not been eating her lunch. The playground with all its Pokemon trading excitement means she's not got the attention for food. Sigh. I'm going to try cutting back the amounts I put in her meals for two reasons: to save money and encourage her to eat more. I figure if she sees less she'll be more likely to eat it all. That could be twisted logic but we'll see. So there's a lot of spaces in there for a reason. Top has two onigiri with horseradish furikake - Which is really nice as it has the flavour of horseradish but not the heat - filled with smoked salmon. Snack cheese and cherry tomatoes. Bottom has carrot, red pepper and a few bites of mini salami. The lid has a bag of haribo minis and a riddle: How do you spell hard water with 3 letters? Ice! Ok it's a lame riddle, I'm not best pleased myself, but it was the best I could find at 11:30pm.

4 comments:

Ree said...

Must stop reading your blog at lunchtime. Makes my own meager attempts at making a pretty lunch look pitiful.

heartinhand said...

I hear ya ree! LOL! I think my kids left with peanut butter sandwiches today and a banana.
Maybe the way to get Sassy to eat is to pack her something totally crazy, like a PBandJ and an apple. :)

rena said...

i need that horseradish furikake!

Lyvvie said...

I bought it via Japan Centre here in the UK. They have lots of flavours and I chose all the egg free ones. Sassy and Husband really liked the horseradish one. Well, it's wasabi really. But very gentle.