Thursday, March 27, 2008

Walk with my Macro

I have a Konica Minolta Z1, which is a great wee camera but it is old. It's only a 3.2 MP but when I bought it that was hot shit (I paid nearly £300 for it, it's now worth about £80. don't you hate that?). I think it still takes brilliant pictures and I'm such a newbie, still, that I have no clue how to tweak pictures with photoshop or anything, so what you see is what you get. I found a website (In Spain) that still sells additions for this camera and I bought myself three macro lenses - I had no idea I could even use macro lenses on this camera because it had no obvious place to screw them on to! (I was nervous about buying from them as it's not UK, not the perkiest site and I've never heard of them - but their prices were good so I took the chance. Glad I did! Excellent service and a handful of boiled sweets were thrown into the bag. that's a very Spanish thing to do and I think it's great.)But it does work and I'm just giddy with excitement. Next month I'll get the polar density lens as I always have problems with sun flare - is that what it's called when the sun gives everything a purple halo?All the time I've had this I've complained I couldn't get the detail in my pictures that my eye can see. Now I may get that chance. Here's a few pictures from my walk yesterday - not all were with the macro. The beach scenes are from a place I found and have never been to before; so exciting! Today I'm going to walk to the marina.

Macro Play
Dalgety Bay
Dalgety Bay
Daffodils
Dalgety Bay
Dalgety Bay
Macro Play

6 comments:

Badger said...

Wow! Absolutely gorgeous photos. I'm such a crap photographer, I don't think even a good camera could help me.

Ree said...

beautiful!

trinity67 said...

I think your camera rocks.

trinity67 said...

P.S. Your photos rock, as well.

Maja said...

Wow, fabulous photos!

Daisy said...

Nice pictures!