Saturday, March 29, 2008

It's that Guess My Ten Movies MeMe Thing

So lots of folks have been doing this and I resisted for as long as I could, so here are ten movie quotes - guess the movie.

Only three left - any takers? I'll close this by 5pm GMT if they're not figured out and I'll be filled with guilt for being too damned obscure. Hints? Well one is a horror movie of an H.P. Lovecraft story, one won Best Film in the Academy Awards and the other one is a brilliant (and my favourite) animated film which was nominated for an Oscar.

1.) LuLu Got it! "Any fool can get into college. Only a select few can say the same about Amanda Jones." Some kind Of wonderful

2.) No One got it! How disappointing!"You're never going to receive credit for my discovery. Who's going to believe a talking head? Get a job in a sideshow!" Reanimator

3.)Raina Got It!! "I just want you to feel you are doing well. I hate for people to die embarrassed." The Princess Bride

4.) "No, No, No! Don't do this! Help! Help! Crazy lady with the shovel! If you kick me out that door, the castle could collapse!" Howl's Moving Castle

5.)Strayed got it! "In Hawaii don't they use aloha for hello and goodbye?
"Yeah, so?"
"So if you're on the phone with somebody and they won't stop talking and you say, ok take care, aloha, don't they just start over again?" Miss Congeniality


6.)Raina got this one too... "This is an embarrassment. A disgrace. What do you think R.J. Fletcher Senior would be saying if he were alive today? "
"Help me out of this box, I can't breathe in here. Help, let me out." UHF


7.) Ree Got it!! "Oh Mrs. Crane, you're a little monkey woman. Yeah, you're lean, mean, and I bet you're not too far in between are ya. How'd you like to wrap your spikes around my..." Caddyshack

8.) No one got it! How Disappointing! "Are you a man of good character where women are concerned? "
"Have you ever met a man of good character where women are concerned?" My Fair Lady

9.) Donna Hath Got it! "A woman is the most fiendish instrument of torture ever devised to bedevil the days of man." O Brother Where Art Thou?


10.)NWJR Got it!! "The weird thing is, this Maxine likes to call me "Lotte". "
"Ouch. That is hot. Maybe she's using you to channel some dead lesbian lover. Sounds like my kind of gal. Let me know when you're done with her, yeah?"
"What are you talking about, "Done with her", man? Tonight really freaked me out! Being John Malkovich


Ok, there you go. Have Fun!! Try and keep it to one guess per person (Like I get that many visitors in one day - ever the optimist!) You can e-mail me a full list if you're keen to show me your mad movie skillz to lyvvie@gmail.com

18 comments:

Ree said...

#7 is Caddyshack, right? Bill Murray?

Lyvvie said...

Yes Ree!

strayed said...

#5 is Miss Congeniality - Sandra Bullocks character....

Oh, and Hi! I read your blog cause it's linked to Masqs!

strayed

Lyvvie said...

Yup Strayed! Thanks for playing.

Donna said...

#9- Oh Brother, Where Art Thou...

Lyvvie said...

O Donna Thou Art Correct!

tornwordo said...

I have no clue!

LuLu said...

#1 Some Kind of Wonderful w. yummy Eric Stoltz

Lyvvie said...

No way Tornwordo! I didn't think I made it that hard. Granted #2 is for horror movie fans, but most of them are pretty common.

Lyvvie said...

Yay! JillyLuLu got it!!

NWJR said...

#10 is "Being John Malkovich", eh?

Lyvvie said...

You're right, eh!

Masquerade said...

#3 is from Princess Bride!!! Andre the Giant said it. I LOVE THAT MOVIE!!!

Masquerade said...

Fezzik, I think his name is.

Masquerade said...

and #6 is from UVF (is that the right title?!) with Weird Al!!! And that's the TV station guy and his sons. :P I'm good at this!

Lyvvie said...

Correct on both counts.

Brother Grimm said...

What?!
Everything has changed here!
*bursts into tears*

ps: ignore this identity, I'm too lazy to log into my other email.

Brother Grimm said...

oh, duh, it's Sarah-Painter-Dee.

*runs back to your new crazy blog*