Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Spring is coming!

I have these in my front garden/strip of dead plants and dirt and rocks (salt water kills everything, no point replanting until April) and aren't they cute! It's a gorgeous day today, started off cold and foggy but yowza - sweet just now.

Crocuses
Spring crocus

The other bits of green are the grape hyacinths and narcissus which will be out in about three weeks. I have pictures from every year I've lived here of the narcissus with snow on top of them; so I know winter isn't over just yet. I'm just gloating over today. Flowers, sunshine and soft breezes make me happy.

more at my flickr page

9 comments:

RoxRocks said...

Flowers and sunshine make me happy too which is why I've been in a bad mood for 40 years. LOL!

I am GREEN with ENVY at your GREENERY!

Nancy J. Bond said...

Oh, it's so nice to see a hint of spring! We've had nothing but snow, sleet and yuck here in Nova Scotia. Beautiful!

Ree said...

Lovely. You have crocuses. I have a blizzard raging outside my window. ;-b

Lyvvie said...

Wow! I just saw the temp for this afternoon, and it was 12C! Wow. That means we'll have snow tomorrow. I'm not showing off - honest!! I thought it would give you snowed in folks some hope.

Donna said...

What a breath of Spring!!

Daisy said...

I love spring and flowers and warmth and sunshine.

Maja said...

Wow, spring in February! Crazy... but maybe it's like the weather at Jundee. We had rain and it's been way cooler at night and in the mornings. It's a trick.. we're going to get more really hot horrible weather again before the lovely winter (which is more like spring for you guys).

Badger said...

Ooo, I love crocuses! They were always the first to poke their heads above the snow when I lived further north. My daffodils are popping up now, but won't bloom for another couple of weeks yet. We've had a warm winter though, so I can't complain.

LuLu said...

Hola! I looked at your loverly pics this morning and got all warm and fuzzy. Then I stepped outside and well, cold and icky. I made a very special wee movie for you which I will post when I get home from work. A little memory of the white stuff from home... :)