Thursday, February 14, 2008

Pinched

Roxy stole this MeMe so I thought it only right I should pinch it too as this is a day for pinching, heehee honhon!

How long have you been together? 13 years, dun dun duuuuun!
How long did you date? Well, there's wasn't a lot of actual dating as extended vacations in each other's country.
How old is he? 35.
Who eats more? I do, but I eat healthier too. Until recently most of his cuisine came in a plastic wrapper.
Who said ‘I love you’ first? I don't remember, but I think it was me.
Who is taller? He is by an inch.
Who is smarter? We're both smart in very different areas. It's something we complement on each other a lot where one thinks of something the other didn't.
Who does the laundry? I do. I trust no one with the chemicals.
Who does the dishes? I do, and I hate it. But it is my job.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I did until four years ago and the call of night time feeding caused me to stub my toes on the bed too many times. The left side is closer to the door.
Who pays the bills? He pays most of them, but we split the bills.
Who mows the lawn? I do, but only because he hates it when the mower hits a pile of cat shit and splats it everywhere. As a mother, shit isn't much of an issue to me. He turns green and whines. Made worse as we don't have any pets.
Who cooks dinner? I do. It's easy and gives me solitude in the kitchen.
Who is more stubborn? Again, that would be me.
Who kissed who first? I'm sure it was me, I'm far more assertive in that area.
Who asked who out? There was no dating, he came to America for a six week vacation but stayed with me (and my parents) the whole time. He fell in love with all of us.
Who proposed? I think the conversation went along the lines of we could save a lot of money by getting married so we could date without the international airfare.
Who is more sensitive? I think he is. I'm sure he'd point the finger at me.
Who has more friends? He does, but he was born here.
Who has more siblings? We are both one of three. He's the oldest, I'm the youngest. This has recently cause friction because we have very different views on how to deal with the kids when they argue. As an eldest, he thinks the youngest picks the fight, as the youngest I think the older child is the instigator...and should know better. We're both fighting on behalf our inner child who was mistreated or misunderstood by our siblings and parents. The kids often solve their problems before we get around to helping them out.

Now, I want to add some questions to this one...

Who makes the financial decisions? On big things, like our mortgage, we decide together, but I tend to organise. I'll do leg work, compare prices and rates and all he does is sign his name. That's trust.
Do you have a joint bank account? No. We keep separate accounts. He can spend his money on what he wants, I spend my money on what I want and we talk to each other about big purchases where our money needs put together. Most couples don't do this, but it works for us. We always discuss purchases that are for the family, home or over £100.
Who does the shopping? I do. Mostly. He did buy his own jeans recently which was great!
Are you equals? Not perfectly, but we strive for equality. I have a hang up about not being in a full time career, and he reminds me that keeping the home and raising our kids is a full time job. Isn't he great!
What is your ideal night together? Movie, dinner and hours free to walk around the city, take in the sights and relax. That freedom to be together without worry about the kids is all we want. If we have that, everything else will fall into place.

NOW!

Maja sent me a jokemail that left me a big question...

taken from joke email
Taken from joke e-mail

My question is: What's up with her trousers? Where did she get trousers that come away at the top, but leave a full pant leg? I know this shouldn't have bothered me, but it was the first thing (after the whole "Holy shit - seks on a bridge top?!") I noticed. Any photoshop experts out there able to decipher this?

Have I told you all lately that I Love You? Well, I do. And not just because it's Valentines Day, but everyday. I'm so happy I started a blog and met you all. I hope you have a fabulous day.

7 comments:

Ree said...

Lyvvie, I think that's a camera bag or something around her waist. Not her actual pants.

Wait, I'll check again.

Ree said...

Wait, now I see what you mean. Maybe she was wearing a skirt and thigh-high stockings?

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Hello, Lyvvie. Thanks for the inside scoop on you and your significant other.

And of course for the obscene pic.

Doug said...

Love you, too.

The detail photo is not the same as the long distance one. Look at the overall position of her body. For me, that's the biggest "tell."

Daisy said...

I may have to snag this MeMe. I love you too!

Sarah said...

I think it's tights, no?

Lyvvie said...

I dunno, would you wear thigh-high tights with walking boots?? It looks like a pantleg over the boots, to me. I think this woman has created the "Quickie-Pants" and should consider mass marketing them world-wide.