Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Pancake Day!

This was dinner. We are acceptably fat.



Recipe:

2 cups of self rising flour
1 tbsp of caster sugar
1 tsp cream of tartar
1/2 tsp of salt
2 tbsp of vanilla extract
add 1.5 cups of soya milk and then add 1/4 cups until batter reaches a slightly thick but pourable, non-lumpy consistency.

That's the basic batter, to which I added lemon and raisins to some, stem ginger and ginger syrup, blueberries and then a savoury batch (minus sugar in the mix) with pepper, cheddar and green onion. Savoury were awesome.

8 comments:

RoxRocks said...

You made those one at a time?! OMG did it take forever? They look good, that's for sure!

My hubby makes the best pancakes. His mama taught him how. When I offer to make them, my kids go running, screaming "NO MOM! Let dad do it!" I love it.

Chick said...

I was transfixed watching you flip those flap jacks...goes great with the music too.

I'd love to eat at your house.

Lyvvie said...

The pan was very hot, but each pancake takes about four minutes to cook. I was quite happy pootling about the kitchen, listening to kids complaining they were hungry in the next room.

I love how the music fit so well, thanks for noticing!

Badger said...

Ha! That video was brilliant. Am now starving, and it's breakfast time here.

Masquerade said...

You are a FREAK!! You're probably the only person in the world who FILMS herself making pancakes, but my god I love you. :P

Lyvvie said...

Nah, youtube is full of freaks flipping fucking crepes and thinking they're pancakes. Crepes are not pancakes!!

Crystal* said...

oh
my
God
you need to come cook for me
Grins*

Sarah said...

Squee!
I love it!!