Sunday, February 03, 2008

I want to move.

I'm ready to leave this town, city, country and head off to pastures new. I only have to get the passports sorted and we can be mobile very quickly. Our house would sell in short time as it's a desirable area and money is stable and I'm just damned well ready to head out.

The only counter to this is that Husband just bought a new car. We took it out on a two year lease (at my insistence) - the shortest lease term available - and Husband loves it. He looooooves it. So I think as we're not likely to take the car with us to Japan, he's going to want to spread his love over the mechanical beast for as long as possible. He bought an Alpha Romeo 156 2.0 sport turbo diesel(2005). He's had breakfast, got dressed and went or a drive. Alone. To play with his new car. And I made him blueberry pancakes, the selfish twat. Anyway, while he's away with his new mistress...

I'll be running later. I have two miles to clock in today. I wonder how long this drive will take. Anyways, running. Will be doing farklets today so I'm road running, as it's a pain to readjust the speed on a treadmill and I just end up nearly falling on my face in a graceless heap. I do one minute full speed, two minute coll down, one minute full until I feel like I'm going to puke. I've never puked. Will I look ridiculous? Probably, to anyone lame enough to think some lady jogging full pelt down the road is ridiculous, and if they do they're just jealous lame-ass losers anyways, so nyah. This will be a cardio heavy, weights light week. Weights will be purely for maintaining tone and will only do two sets of ten. I want to get to three miles running, by saturday, in thirty five minutes.

The hardest part is ignoring the voice in my head that begs me to stop. It whines even when my body isn't tired and just trotting along happy. It's annoying. It tells me I can't, even though I clearly can. By the time my body really does begin to get tired, the voice is relentless. This is the point where I can quit and slow to a walk, or speed up and pound the hell out of the voice until it's left a whimpering, abused mess. I opt for mess more often than quit. I hate a smug negative voice. Now, sometimes it's being honest, but it has cried wolf so much I've learned to ignore it. So when it told me on Monday that the running and reverse crunches were too much, I ignored it. Then I suffered with such a tender abdomen that I could feel waste moving through my colon. That's really freaky. Menstrual cramps set off IBS-like cramps and I walked uncomfortably clenched for a couple days. (I know, TMI, but TMI is truth and people love the truth. Regardless of the fact The Enquirer has such a huge distribution)

I miss soap operas.

I need a book. I got a book that's part of a three book series, by Kelley Armstrong, by chapter three I was left feeling, I've either missed a lot of shit or she should've started this series sooner, but I ended up grabbing the third book and not the first one. So, back to the library I go....OK so I go to Amazon and look to see what the first book is and This Is The First Book! So really, she's started this series with a ton of back story. Why not make it a longer series? I dunno. Now feeling blah. I've had two weeks' vacation and not read a single book. I guess I prefer to stress read, when there's more demand on my time. Give me tons of free time and I become an uninspired blob. This book must be returned tomorrow as someone else is waiting for it. So, just gnr.

I'm waking up to the signs of Spring with a perkiness. Biological clock now happy to wake at 7am. Libido returning, energy returning. I can see the bulbs starting to sprout in the garden and that means narcissus and daffodils are not far away - maybe four weeks. I'm so happy the Rugby Six Nations is on (Rugby players are hot). I'm also happy Husband has been gyming it up and he's getting his energy back, feeling better about himself and healthier and, hooray! His libido is coming back too. Thank Chuck for Spring and Gym. Did you hear me say Hooray?

Drinking a little bit of wine makes me feel very warm and cozy on a cold rainy day. Warm. cozy. wine. Spring. libido. Recipe for disaster. I love Husband's vasectomy. If I were a cat I'd stretch and yawn until my tongue curled and then purr while pawing the softest blanket in the house.

12 comments:

BillieJoeIsCool said...

Yeah, sometimes you have to read the first 5 chapters slowly, so you dont confuse yourself. After the first 5 chapters, though, it picks up fast. Make sure it's actually Bitten, because theres 6 other books in the series, as well as tons of sub books. www.kelleyarmstrong.com/ that's her website if you wanna check it out xD.

Lyvvie said...

No, this is her crime/thriller series with Nadia Stafford; ex-cop, now hitwoman.

BillieJoeIsCool said...

Ah... still.. take your time reading it- thats what I had to do getting into the Women of the Otherworld series >.>...

Ree said...

Honey can you really just pick up and move wherever you want? I want to be you.

Lyvvie said...

I can. It's taken a lot of convincing husband that he can do it, too. He wasn't as keen to leave his family, city or country. Now it's a different story. I'm lucky my kids are still young and I've told them for a long time we'd move somewhere exciting. We look at maps, watch travel shows and they're just as keen to see this world as we are.

They still have a grounding in home, which is very important for everyone - but I've lost mine. I don't have my "home" anymore, so home is where I make it, and that can be anywhere my dearest are.

Just got to think Ree, what's holding you tight to where you are, and then ask if those are really obstacles, or perceived ones. It's not easy, as of course, the in-laws aren't keen to see their babies fly off across the world, a place they'll never visit (They won't leave the dogs for more than an afternoon; talk about perceived obstacles) once you get past the abandonment guilt (both sides, first "How can they live without me?" then "How can I live without them?") the world is yours.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

When I am at the gym, I would be inspired to perform better if a fella runs beside me... i like to take a glance (and compare) on people's speed lol... And that voice! I want to strangle that voice in my head that tells me to 'Why exercise? Why make yourself tired? Why?'...

I have to clear at least 450calories per gym session... used to count the kilometres...

tornwordo said...

Feeling waste move through your colon? Wow, that must be quite a feeling.

Lyvvie said...

It's rather uncomfortable and forces me to stand up. I'm going to see my Dr about it to be sure there's nothing amiss.

aughra said...

I'm so so so thrilled for you, all the fitness. But what's all this about Japan? I need to come by more often, damnit.

Maja said...

Oh yay libido!!!

You should read 'To your scattered bodies go' by Phillip Jose Farmer. It's the first of the Riverworld series.

Really enjoyable.

I have to fly back to work this morning. Boo!

Blazngfyre said...

Japan .... I know you have wanted to move there for awhile now.

I envy you.
My family would NEVER pick up like that .... well, the boys would, but not hubby.
*sigh*

Ree said...

Lyvvie, What a wonderful mindset to have. You make me smile