Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Strapping on...

My running shoes and iPod and getting back on the game. That's the weight loss game. The fitness game. Not that I was ever off it, but I have gotten a bit lazy. Don't want to run in the rain - Who Does?! And yet I see enough of these freaks and nutters to feel like...I should be running in the damned rain and stop complaining. But I hate having wet, cold feet. It's my main annoyance. Wet shoes? Yuck! Wet Socks? Ewwrgh! Soggy wet, cold feet? Nope. Not gonna do it. Puss.

So, one of my new motivations is the Podrunner podcast, free on iTunes. 45 minutes of nonstop music to keep me going. Different beats to choose from for faster running or slower walking paces. Something to stomp the feet into the dirt with. Oh, and it's free. They're put together by DJ "Steveboy" Boyett I also like Funky House London Style podcasts, again, great new music, not repetitive and this one seems a bit more into seasons than BPM, but so what it's fun gym music. And this kind of music is perfect for the gym and I don't listen to it anywhere else. I never listened to it as a kid or teenager but in the gym, walking out in town it's the best thing for putting a skip in the step and making me feel alive. I'm lucky I've always like electronica.

I had a mom at the school irk me yesterday with something she said. One of those comments that makes me think; am I being insulted here, or she being really insensitive? I'm going with a mix of both. We were talking about Christmas weight gain and how it's got to come off. I gained seven pounds over the holidays, mostly due to a closed gym, too much rain and every other excuse I can put up into my arsenal of excuses. Basic of it all: I couldn't be bothered. I'd lost a bit of weight when I was sick, and my body was eager to put it back on. Thanks but I was quite happy to say goodbye to it. Anyways, Mom At School was opining about how easy it is to gain weight and hard to take off, motivation is tough, blah blah, then she says "And you lost all that weight last year and it just goes to show how easy it is to put back on." ...excuse me? Seven pounds! I lost over thirty pounds last year, put on a lot of muscle tone and strength and I don't think that was an extreme to use me as an example of weight loss failure. Seven pounds. It took two weeks to gain, it'll take two weeks to lose. Cheeky or what?! I know I have snacking issues, could've lost more but really. Snide bitch offered motivation up on a plate. It's the main reason I don't play with the Muffia at school, they are all so catty. I don't do catty. I'm more punchy shovey, and as that's completely illegal, I just mind my own business.

So now I have my new sneakers broken in, and new tunes to keep me running and a mean Cow to show up: Watch me fly.

Writing had descended into doodling and making up rude crosswords so far...

Go and see my friend Sarah's page, she's just coloured her hair. Isn't she beautiful!? She's...she's...amazing. Pay her money to paint you something. She's gorgeous and talented.

7 comments:

tornwordo said...

Ooh I've got to look into the podrunner podcasts. Free?! That's the magic word.

RoxRocks said...

"I don't do catty. I'm more punchy shovey, and as that's completely illegal, I just mind my own business."

This made me laugh out loud. Real loud!

Kate R said...

fortyfive minutes of RUNNING? really?

Lyvvie said...

Well, yeah. That's about six and a smidge miles for me. I don't run very fast. It's like active meditation. I prefer to run for about 2.5 miles on average and then do weights and something else. And why am I still a size 16?? OH, that'll be the cake.

Sarah, the friend in the links, runs 10 miles everyday, the bitch.

Daisy said...

What a snotty bitch with her comment about you. I don't play well with cattyness either. I pretty much stay to myself too. I try to go with Thumper's philosophy. "If ya can't say something nice, then don't say anything at all"

Chick said...

Oh...oh...oh...what a bitch...I hate when people get like that...you'll show her by losing those 7 pounds & smashing her into the pavement!

Maja said...

That bitch!!