Sunday, January 27, 2008

Random Eleven; A Tag-Teamed Me MeMe.

I was tagged by Ree La Hotfessional to do the Random Six MeMe, and then Kate did the Random Seven MeMe and said anyone who read it was tagged so I guess that mean I have a challenge of coming up with Eleven Random Factoids About Me.

The Rules:

1. Link to the person that tagged you. (That would be http://hotfessional.com/ and Kate)
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share six non-important things/habits/quirks about yourself.
4. Tag six random people at the end of your post by linking to their blogs.
5. Let each random person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their website.

1) I have two toenails on my little toe. They overlap each other and grow independent of each other. You'd never know by looking at them, and the nail that grows on the top, falls off every six months or so. When both of my kids were born, one of the first things I checked was their piggie toes - I didn't pass it on.

2) One of my favourite things in the world is to break the foil seal on the jar of instant coffee. It gives me great joy to pop that paper foil with a teaspoon. Keep me away from drums, as they are very tempting to try and break as well.

3) I once fell for a guy who looked just like Danny Kaye. He never understood my fascination with him (The guy, not Danny Kaye, he was annoyingly modest.), and I never told him. I absolutely love Danny Kaye.

4) I have a voice for Country music, but no love for the genre.

5) I have very weak ankles and have never been able to ice skate or roller blade. Only roller skate. I adore rollerskating.

6) I hate skiing.

7) When I'm feeling stressed or bogged down in life, I'll wait for the winds to blow. I never have to wait very long. One of the good things about living on the coast. I'll imagine I'm encased in sand and salt and as the wind blows it erodes all that sand away and brings me back unburdened. The wind always means hope and clarity to me.

8) I try and find reasons and answers in cloud formations. It may sound weird, but it's a harmless divination.

9) My favourite song of all time is Last Goodbye by Jeff Buckley

10) Some music is so good it will give me goosebumps. Here's a list of artists who give me goosebumps: Barbara Streisand, Olivia Newton John, Jerry Lewis, Danny Kaye, Air Supply, Led Zeppelin, ABBA

11) I'm out of ideas. Ask Me A Question And I Will Answer.


I tag everyone. All of you. Tag Tag Tag Tag...Hey! No ghouls, no den...you're tagged too. Get to it. Comment and I'll add your links to the bottom of this post, that's not a threat but a kind quid pro quo.

3 comments:

NWJR said...

As to Number 11: I'd love to read a post about your life in Scotland and the adjustment issues you faced (and may still face) as an American expat.

Maybe you already did this and I missed it.

I'm going to attempt your meme today. stay tuned.

Lyvvie said...

I think I don't talk about it here because I seem to talk about it all the time IRL. It's one of the first questions someone asks when they realise I'm American. I can sum it up here though:

I spent the first four years rather depressed. I had a job I didn't like, a manager I didn't like and found it very hard to make friends as Scots aren't the most outgoing of people. I had a new and interesting quality that wears off. Plus, I don't like drinking in pubs. I find it boring.

My Husband's family are kind of annoying so there's no deep friendships to be had there, apart from Grandma Betty. I like the look of the place, I like the art scene and film is great. That is Edinburgh. I know for a fact if we'd lived in Glasgow, I'd have a whole different story, as the people there are brilliant. It's rather well known Edinburgh folk have their heads up their butts.

I get by mostly with my own company, which sometimes is lonely. The kids keep me from getting maudlin about it. Nothing in life lasts forever and I'll be really happy to get moving on to new adventures.

Chris DeVore said...

Hey Lyvvie - I found this post because I'm interested in how bloggers handle reader Q&A. I didn't like having all my reader conversations buried in comments so I built a little Q&A widget that turns reader questions and blogger answers into inline posts. If you want to check it out I'd love your comments - take a look at Askablogr.com and thanks for any suggestions you may have.