Thursday, January 31, 2008

Nothing like a heart attack in the afternoon.

I hate when spam gives me a fucking freak-out before I realize it's actually spam. It's just mean. Anything from the American consulate gives me immediate clenchings.

U.S. Department of State
Bureau of Consular Affairs
Washington , DC 20520

Greeting from USA Embassy,

This is to notify you that it has been long we have been waiting for you
to contact us regarding your consignment box which FedEx Express suppose
to deliver to you but it was on hold by US Department of State Bureau and
requesting for clearance certificate which will be obtain from the origination
of the consignment box before it will be released. We are here to inform
you that your consignment box has been arrived in US embassy and waiting
to receive clearance certificate before the gate pass is given.

1, Your full name
2, Your home address
3, Your occupation

Once you notify us with the following information we will release your consignment
to you. You can contact us with the following information. Contact person, Hon Roland Mark

Email usaembassy_us@yahoo.co.id

Website Please click on this link to read important information you should
see before you travel abroad. Note that you are expected to pay only $125 for clearance certificate and you are to pay it to Benin Republic as the origination of the consignment
box in favour of Mr Udealor John as our accountant officer in Benin Republic
Send the $125 through western union or Money Gram once you receive this
mail for immediate release of your consignment box.

Name Udealor John
Country Benin
Zip Code 229
Test Question A
Answer B

Please treat this as matter of urgency. Note that any unclaimed consignment will be return to FedEx Express courier company LTD. So you are urgently advice to comply with our demand so that we will release your consignment box.

Regard,
Regard,

Hon Roland Mark

Public Relation Officer United State Embassy.

FROM UNITED STATE OF AMERICA


I mean once I read it, and the sending address I knew it was spam, but FOR FUCK'S SAKE! And, as it doesn't have any images or attachments or anything else, just a shithead to person e-mail, my spam filter didn't annihilate it.
cunts.

For some reason, I'm averaging about 1000 spam mails per week. It's just madness. Oddly enough, my Yahoo mail account is gathering dust - not a whisper. Gmail is flooded with deep spammage. Maybe I'll just have to swap over to Yahoo for a while to come out from under the pork.

Today I played the coward and refused to leave my house. It's been scary out there! Snow storms blasting through every half hour, then melting, pouring rain, bright sunshine, gale force winds. No fucking way in hell I was going out. I didn't even take Shorty to school. Sassy had the bus to take her to and from school, but the poor thing came home soaked anyways - it's that shit out there. I didn't get much sleep last night because of the rain and wind storm. I used to sleep like the dead through storms, but not anymore. I miss those days, they used to be some of the most restful sleeps ever. When will restful sleep return to me? Here's a picture of the disappearing bridge, the snow stole it away.


Now you see it...
Now you don't


Also Shorty is an awful actress, but very cute. <- Click it! Click it!!

7 comments:

trinity67 said...

Lovely photos.

It's minus freaking forty-something here in western Canada so I feel your pain about winter weather.

Ree said...

Shorty is a cutie! I love how you calmed her down, that was a full-bore tantrum there at the beginning!

tornwordo said...

Oh that was so adorable. Grinning from ear to ear I am.

RoxRocks said...

I watched her twice! That was so awesome! I love how she turned it off just as quickly as she turned it on! That trick will come in verrrry handy someday when she is married! LOL!

I love your accent!

Maja said...

hehe you're awesome.

I get heaps of spam from gmail as well, but at least it all goes to the spam box.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I collect spams. I do not delete it. Now i have a collection of near 3500... ah such luxury.

Just kind of hilarious that this spam kept asking me to buy the blue pills...

Lyvvie said...

Me too RHSP! I don't think I need the blue pills, and yet I'm becoming very concerned about my Pe.nIs. I also get the very short ones that say "I'm a hot housewife and I live in your area, come say hello because I'm lonely." and I feel sorry for her and think, maybe she's someone new to have coffee with??

Thanks everyone! Nothing better than having folks tell me my kids are awesome. Big Pride *happysigh*