Monday, January 21, 2008

Letting time pass me by...

I'm supposed to be doing stuff but I keep thinking, later. Later for the house tidy, later for the bed stripping (as in sheets not me) later for planning the week's meals, later for writing up that review of Lies of Locke Lamora I should've done a month ago. Later for reading the two e-books I bought, later for vacuuming the stairs (I hate that job). But today, I have lots to do.

Yesterday Husband and I were supposed to clear out a list of items from the garage to be picked up for disposal on Tuesday. Yes they've been out in the front of the house for two days for the pure annoyance of my neighbors (Who are annoyed because the old oven is still there - not my fault since the council suspended white goods collection for a full month and are only resuming today. Nice month long vacation...although probably not as they may have needed the extra shifts for regular collection of post X-mas/New Year bin fulls of rubbish) who have twice in recent weeks commented that I should remove the oven. Fuck you and git off my land was on my mind, but "It's under control" was what came out. Literally, I have o time for busy body retirees who have nothing better to do than ring my doorbell and inform me my old oven can be recycled. I've been tempted to put some decorative plants on it to make them think it'll become a permanent fixture. Watch them share out digitalis while fuming in groups over the oven on the front lawn.

But we didn't clear it out yesterday. Nope, we decided to slob about and relax instead. And now I get to do it all alone. In the rain. What's that saying about repent at leisure? Yeah whatever it is, I think it fits. then I have to go to work tonight. I'm really fed up with work now. they've made some changes that I don't like and kept thinking I'd get used to them, but I haven't and it makes my job rather tedious now. Plus all the managers hate the new store manager and they're all just a bunch of crabby faced, dour, grumpy...managers.

On the plus, there are signs of Spring everywhere. bulbs are starting to green and we'll see the first snow drops soon. I've heard baby birds which is insane and even found a couple of broken eggs in the woods (not chicken ones either) which means the wood pigeon and crows are warring for treetop turf again. The alarm now goes off with dawn light instead of darkness. I've seen quite a few large mushrooms in the woods too. Trees are budding and there's one kind, I don't know it's name, is blooming. I should get pictures.

Need this song in my head to keep my feet moving today, I think. It's such a brilliant arrangement. And is that Rob Lowe at the prom?!

6 comments:

tornwordo said...

I like the "git off my land" bit, you should have said that just for the fun of it.

NWJR said...

I loved the go-go's, but I've never seen that video. Scary that Rob Lowe looks prettier than Belinda Carlisle.

And Gina Schock is hot in either gender.

Chick said...

Spring is coming soon? I hope you're right...'cause I just don't see it here. It's been about 15 all day today & I can hardly stand it.

I think you should put plants on your oven & leave it there for a long time because if someone actually can to my door & asked me about it...that's what I'd have to do.

Red Hot Sexy Papa said...

I live on the 7th floor so I will normally leave the recycle-able stuff on the ground floor. Either that or to the rag-and-bone man... hmmm our rubbish is cleared every morning and i just threw it through the chute...And we dont have spring............. bah.

Lyvvie said...

I found a...group?Clutch?Herd?Crop of chanterelle mushrooms in the woods yesterday. Couldn't miss those bright orange shrooms. Quite neat. Unless like Nancy, mushrooms squick you out.

Maja said...

We put out a broken washing machine on the curb when we thought there was going to be a white-goods collection at the house we used to rent, but the collection never occurred and the neighbours complained to the council who sent us a letter saying we had to remove it or else!

Screw the neighbours!