Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Happy Birthday To Me...

Yup, today I'm 36! Hooray! And I look darned good for 36, if I say so myself. No wrinkles, still have a perky set. A bit heavier than I'd like, but that's what resolutions are for after all, aren't they?

So, after a late night watching Japanese movies, and sipping the last servings of a bottle of port and a bottle of sherry, a bottle of sweet champagne was popped and the Husband and I played Wii games, half cut, until 2am. It was wonderful. I got to sleep in late, and was then given a family sized picnic bento box for family days out in seasons to come - decorated with Totoro autumn scenes. Pocky and hard candies for breakfast the four of us enjoyed the bounty of my birthday, as Husband bought wee bento boxes for the girls, which I love and now want one for myself. Would help resist the lure of the vending machine. I've ordered chopsticks for each of us; training ones for the girls.

House is a mess, but I won't clean it just now. It's my birthday. It's raining out, and rather yucky. Everything's closed. I get to read my book and lounge about the house, cozy, cramped and warm. I get to choose the movies today too. Well, I'd like to think I get to choose, reality is I'll choose "Family favourites" that I can tolerate. Porko Rosso, Mary Poppins, and then most definitely: My Fair Lady and The Little Princess.


*pout* No birthday cake. *pout*

Resolution for 2008: To eat when hungry and to stop when full. No eating from a vending machine. No eating anything from a plastic wrapper. Will run the 5K and 10K races this year - 5K in June, 10K in October.

*sigh* No birthday cake...*sigh*

8 comments:

RoxRocks said...

Happy Birthday Lyvvie!! May 36 be your year to shine!

Badger said...

Happy Birthday to you!!

BillieJoeIsCool said...

Happy bday, Ricci-ness :D. Good luck sticking to your resolution. have a good year :).

gusgreeper said...

Happy Birthday!! :) and Happy New year tooooo :)

NWJR said...

Happy birthday, Lyvvie! I hope you and your perky set have a GREAT year.

Nancy J. Bond said...

A belated Happy Birthday, chickie!

jmc said...

Happy birthday! Late, as usual.

Donna said...

Happy belated birthday Sweetheart!!! Hope all your dreams come true!!!