Friday, January 11, 2008

Gifted...

I've been gifted with two weeks' vacation from work. It seems I've been an eager worker and have forgotten to take a few vacation days and I was brought in to the manager's office to decide when I can take these days before March, which is end of year for business. So I was happily perplexed as I was pretty sure I'd already taken all of my vacation days before July this year, but she's the boss so she must know. When I said; gee I dunno when to leave, when do you want to get rid of me? She said "How about next week?" It's nice to know I'm not indispensable. So after tonight's shift, I'm on holiday for a week, then on for a week, then off for the end of January.

So what will I do with myself with all this extra time?

Well, I was thinking, since I couldn't take part in NaNoWriMo last year due to a million interruptions hell bent on preventing me from accomplishing such a feat, then why not try and get a rough draft of a story done in that week. Sure it can be done. Yes it CAN! I'm sure I could bash out a rough skeleton of a story in that time, shit though it will probably be, but I'm confident in my ability to do it. Apparently I have the gift of gab running just now, considering the posts I've put out recently. With little effort (does that show?)

So why not throw myself into the scrum and get a roughie done in a week, take a week off and then throw myself back in for fleshing up and edits before chucking it into a cupboard for a long rest?

Or I could try and finish Mario Galaxy...

4 comments:

NWJR said...

Reading, shmeading. You should come visit.

Maja said...

Aw you lucky bitch. I just took all 11 days of annual leave I had to have the insanely busy three weeks off over christmas and new years. Now I've just got a couple of days in lieu for emergencies.

Sylvana said...

Grand idea. You can do it!

I am saving my vacation for some big plans. I hope they pan out! You will be one of the first to know if they do.

Victoria said...

Perfect!

I hope you write your socks off..