Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Don't you hate it when...

You feel really chatty, like you have a million things to say and there's no one to talk to who gives a shit? Even worse, you find out everything you think is really chatty is actually a bit mediocre and banal. Well, the people you try and talk to, with enthusiasm and smiling and friendly, non-threatening hand gestures ( gesticulations really,) and they're just in such a funk of a mood that they meh, bleh and piss all over the enthusiasm you have and then, you know what happens? You do don't you...you become meh, bleh and in a funk too. OH, but try and ask them what's up, why the frown, why the smile upside down and they say something lame like; nuthin, just tired. Really? Just tired? Should I go and leave you to it then? Go have a nap of something? NO, they say, you're cheering me up. What?!

So they're in a mood, tired and I'm cheering them up but the feedback I get is the opposite. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm autistic or something. Have I got my emotion chip screwed in backwards? Why can't I read people? Why can't people figure themselves out?

You know, it'll always boil down to this: I know I'm right and they're probably just being a dick who wants to talk but doesn't ant to pass a burden but then really wants a hug but EW physical contact with a non-blood relative? Why not just say what's bothering you? Tell me if you want to. If you don't want to talk about it, and then still want to hang out with me, can you cheer the fuck up please?! Take that bad mood, roll it up and shove into the fifth pocket of your jeans and get on with life. Don't be a black cloud on someone else's sunshine, don't become a black hole sucking the goodness from others, DON'T BE A DICK!

Or is it just me?

Seriously, Scottish people can be such a chore.

4 comments:

NWJR said...

Speaking for myself, I love physical contact with non-blood relatives.

:-)

Donna said...

Other peoples "black" moods Can suck all your happiness right out of you...just walk away...Keep your smile! You've earned it! Let them earn theirs...You're Not a chore...you're wonderful...NOW SMILE DAMMIT!! LOLOL hugs to you Sweetie!

tornwordo said...

I had a similar experience this week. Twasn't a Scot though.

Lyvvie said...

Did you ask if they're Grandfather was? Those roots run deep.