Thursday, January 10, 2008

Decided

I've decided I absolutely hate the soup pot I made soup in yesterday. It taints the soup with a metal taste. I only notice it the next day as I keep the soup in the pan, but of course it must be leeching metal into the meal and then - boggan awful soup. It's really unfair. Had enough. I'll now save up to buy the 8 quart Le Creuset pot instead. Annoyingly, it's available from the USA amazon, but not here in the UK. Le Ceueset is a French company. I'm closer to France than America and yet I have to go farther to get the damned pan. Insane. There is an outlet nearby, I may go try my bartering skills there. Cash payments often turn up a discount.

Now, excuse me while I flush the remainder of what was a really nice soup down the pan.

6 comments:

Ree said...

Aw, I hate that. I'd love to have fancy cookware, but since I absolutely do not cook, I have a hard time convincing Mr. Hot that he needs it.

Most of what really needs replacing in my house is the little saucepans.

NWJR said...

Well at least you had the "mettle" to make that decision!

*rimshot*

Thank you, don't forget to tip your waitress! I'll be here all week! Thank you!

Maja said...

Bummer.

Sarah said...

My sister sent my husband some candy for Christmas that had been imported to NZ from Britain (I believe). So it went from there, to there, to here.
So silly!

Sarah said...

p.s: I swear my last comment relates to your post somehow. *grin*

Lyvvie said...

I totally understand, it's the getting something you want in an ass backwards way.