Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Mom, you can skip this one...

In good news I am getting better. I went to the Dr today and I'm still not ready to go back to work, but much improved. He kindly signed me off work for another week. I'm sure the managers at work are pissed off - to lose a staff member during the busiest time of the year? Yeah, I'll be popular. But I'm no faker, and they'll just have to suck it up. Neener neener har har.

My other "job", which isn't really a job it's more of a service, has been interesting. I test drive sex toys for LoveHoney.com. They send me free toys and I try them out and offer up reviews at The Orgasm Army review site. Sweet! I get to keep them too, which is nice. Not that they'd really want them back after testing...anyways. I was sent a waterproof vibrating bullet to test this week, and it's a bit faulty - gets super hot and doesn't vibrate. Dud Bullet. But those nice folks at LoveHoney, they said they'll take it back (to pull its guts out and find out why its overheating for the sake of science and sexual safety...and for dismantling electronic doo-dads which is always fun.) and would it be ok to send me another one PLUS a new rabbit vibrator. Sure, I said! I'll currently own three rabbits, like a naughty wee bunny farm. I'd like to get one of the cute Hello Kitty keychain vibes they've just got in from Japan - previously only available via J-list. They're just so cute!

Currently frustrated as, remember when I said I was hosting Christmas lunch this year? Well my oven decided to die this week. Well the oven part is ok, but the grill is dead. So we're off to get a new one this weekend, hopefully get it installed before X-mas and therefore allow me to cook without major stress for X-mas day. I'm not stressed. Nope.

I do wish this annoying shaking would stop though. I feel like a twitchy poodle. The Dr says it'll pass, it's just weakness.

Still learning Japanese, getting better all the time. I'm so damned happy there's so many free language lessons on iTunes! Plus a lot of them are everyday conversations, with real people. None of those nonsense phrases - although a lot them do have several classes about ordering food in a cafe or restaurant which makes me wonder if the Japanese cook for themselves, ever? Currently concerned that fresh fruit and veg is so expensive in Japan, as we eat tons of it. I've read you can pay £4/8$ for one apple. Granted it'll be an apple big enough to feed the family, but still. I'll have to learn to grow my own. In pots. On a small balcony.

I actually posted Christmas cards this year! I even went to the post office and everything and they're on their way to America to family right now. I'm so proud of myself. I need stamps for the rest, but I'm determined. I'll go buy some stamps from the local wee shop tomorrow. I will. Watch me. I'm going to be a proper good person who can send Christmas cards.

Hope you're having a wonderful Humpday!

8 comments:

NWJR said...

I found this post oddly erotic, and that disturbs me.

Crystal* said...

Glad you're getting better, sugar. Neener, indeed. lmao
These things happen.

Now...I have to say...I like your other job. *grins* Drop me a line at my Yahoo address, and I'll send you a copy of Programmed for Pleasure.
It's about the Ultimate Sex Toy.
*GRIN*

RoxRocks said...

Um, shit. I have to write up another Christmas card...now where did I put your address?

Lyvvie said...

Don't stress Roxy!! I, er...didn't send one to you. Just Mom, Brother and a newlywed couple friend of Husband's. Any more than those and my head would've exploded.

Crystal, I went over to Whiskey Creek a few times to pick that one up but I think they're funny about foreign credit cards, but for some reason it never worked. With my Data fantasy, I was intrigued! (What?! He's "Programmed in many ways of pleasuring..." what's not to like?? Tasha certainly seemed happy.)

Sick chicks playing with sex toys do that to some guys, Rich. I'm sure you're not alone. Tee heee!

Donna said...

I just passed out in my chair...what a hoot...You can TEST them??? I feel like this comment should be wrapped in plain brown paper!! LOL LOL

Doug said...

How apropos. I wrote about dildonics today. So what toy gets top marks? And when will you have a contest with those kinds of prizes?

Sorry to hear about your crud. Sounds like your crud out-crudded my crud hands down. Get better!

tornwordo said...

What a fun little side job. I can't think of a male equivalent, sadly.

Lyvvie said...

Tornwordo, they sell toys for boys too...