Monday, December 24, 2007

And now we say, Ahhhhhh....

It's an endless chase about with keeping the house tidy. I'll give up after tomorrow. By Feb. 1st we'll be drowning in dust.

Spent a nice yesterday with the family, crying at every Christmas movie (Two versions of A Christmas Carol; the Patrick Stewart one - which is awesome, and the Muppets one,) and then there was a Dead Like Me marathon which had me bawling and finally was the Peter Pan movie that came out in 2003 and I think is fantastic, even though a lot of folks hated it. I've decided to come out and admit: I cry at sad movies. I cry at sad commercials. I'm a sucker for a sob story, but I hate them!! I hate crying!! But so it is. Tiny fucking Tim made me cry twice yesterday.

I've got the cooking mapped out, so it will be a breeze! No frigging brussels sprouts this year - I've banned them. None of us like them so custom and tradition be damned. It's sugar snap peas The house is tidy and all I need to do is get out extra dinner plates and cutlery - I keep a strict dinner set of five in the house otherwise the buggers would just use up every clean plate they found, leaving me the dishes to clean.

Tonite I bought wine, and Husband and I will get the last of the presents wrapped, watch a late movie and then around midnight, Husband and I exchange gifts. Then we fill stockings and sneak off, tipsy, silly and sleepy to our bed for the few hours of sleep we can get before the kids wake up in their Christmas Day exuberance.

Then comes the military precision that is Christmas Countdown.

Wish you all as easy and wonderful a Christmas day - if you take part in that kind of thing, and an even better 26th. The day of peace and quiet and leftovers.

8 comments:

Weary Hag said...

Happy holidays and warm wishes for a lovely new year tootsie!

Donna said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family sweetie!

RHSPapa aka The Sane said...

Oh Oh Oh Bearly Christmas!

*do the Beyonce's Bootie shake* oh oh oh oh oh oh oh no no no...

Masquerade said...

*pushes her secret box under her bed*

You are fucking amazing.

I love you.

<3

Maja said...

Wow, you sound organised. We've been going to our parents houses for meals and I'm still exhausted! Tomorrow we're playing golf all day. It's been so hot in Perth. We're talking 40 degrees in the shade hot.

I cry at sad movies, commercials and news stories too. And happy ones as well. I know how you feel.. I hate crying in front of other people!

Masquerade said...

So I used your present for the first time tonight.

And I think I just fell in love with you all over again. :P

Nancy J. Bond said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas, Lyvvie...and all the best for a very happy 2008!

Crystal* said...

Merry Christmas, woman!!!
Screw the dust bunnies! Have some eggnog! *grins*
Crystal*