Wednesday, November 14, 2007

We're gonna turn it on...

We're gonna give you the power! Oh yes, I did. I bought it. I bought the Electric Company Boxset!
EClogo

What a blast from the past! These shows are fantastic. My first exposure to Spiderman, learning to read (No wonder I was a word wizz from a young age.) and it's just plain funny. The kids have been enjoying them so far, but I think me more than them. They're a bit tripped out by it. The accents are so strange to them, as only Mommy has said things like that before and I'm sure they've just thought I was weird, not NorthEast. As if they have any clue what NorthEast is.

That's about it. Nothing more.

8 comments:

The Hotfessional said...

4th grade! Every day in Mrs. Thede's class. And all the girls (with long, straight Marcia Brady hair) would sit and comb each other's hair while we watched!

Thanks for the memory

Donna said...

How fun! Just checking in on you!

Nancy J. Bond said...

Tag, you're it, Lyvvie. I tagged you in a meme, she says sheepishly. I hope you join in!

http://tinyurl.com/3xhdxo

Bennet said...

I only watch it as a kid because of Spider-man, but I have to admit I kind of liked the word side profile silhouette with the words come out of their mouths.

Robin F said...

Oh yes, as soon as those came out we got them. My son isn't into them yet, but my hubbie is always keen to watch them. There are two sets! I didn't realise that Morgan Freeman was on it. Great stuff. They also have a set of original Sesame Street episodes, which we haven't gotten yet.

Lyvvie said...

I love Mr. Crank

I've debated over the Sesame Street ones. I think they would be great from a Jim Henson POV, but haven't made a commitment yet.

Wondering what the tag is about...not often tagged. Giddy!

Bennet! Long time no see - it's great to hear from you again.I hope you've been well.

Robin F said...

Seasons 1 and 3 of the Muppet Show are available, if you want a Jim Henson fix

Lyvvie said...

Are they? I tried to get them ages back when they were released via time magazine but were so expensive it put me off. And I just promised myself some Jerry Lewis movies...decisions decisions! Henson or Lewis?