Thursday, November 29, 2007

The fastest way to lose 10 pounds...

Get an aggressive chest infection that knocks you on your ass for a week. I have been in my bed completely miserable for three days. I'm on antibiotics for the first time since I was 19, and I can count the amount of times in my life on fingers. The coughing up blood has subsided (I know you folks want to know this stuff) and the pain in my right ribs is clearing too. I honestly prefer the hot running sweats over the unbearable three hour bouts of chills that I endured dressed in double sweats two hats and two heavy quilts. Honestly. I've had to sleep on my left side only for four days, and my poor ear is in agony. It thinks it's abusive behavior to put all the responsibility of supporting my head on its cartilage - No bones! No muscle! It told me so. Often.

Husband has been a wonder, he's taken two days off work to run the house, work from home and keep the kids routines running. He's just wonderful, I love him so much. (Except he keeps bringing me my favourite cookies, and I can't really eat them, but isn't he sweet?)

Now I think I need to get an appointment with the Dr to find out why my immunity is so low. I may be away for a few more days. Sporting an amazing array of wild, sweaty bed head.

8 comments:

Frank said...

You sound miserable. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Daisy said...

AAAAWWWWW!!! Poor Lyvvie!!! I feel so bad for you. If you lived closer I would make uou a pot of Chicken soup. Feel Better Soon my friend.

Maja said...

Oh dear. I hope you get better soon. Being sick sucks so much. I've got a sore throat and swollen gland on the left side but it's nothing compared to you! Keep resting. I'm glad hubby is looking after you. xoxoxox

RoxRocks said...

Oh dear Lyvvie! I sure hope you feel better soon! I blame it on the superbugs, germs are just getting stronger and kicking our asses. Take all your antibiotics and get lots of rest.

Donna said...

The chicken soup is a good idea! Drink lots of water to! Get well soon sweetie!

Lyn Cash said...

Aw, sweetie - hope you're feeling much, MUCH better!!!!!!!

Think I prefer my weight gain over the holidays to your weight loss the way you lost the pounds. UGH.

Get well.

Sylvana said...

Get well soon! I had chronic chest infections when I was younger and know how horrible they can be.
Drink lots of liquids, and, if you can, get some extra antioxidants to help boost your immune system.

Nancy J. Bond said...

My grandson has a nasty ear infection right now, after a two-week cold...and my Mom was hit with the flu this weekend. All sorts of nasty critters afloat -- take care and I hope you feel better soon!