Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Yummy!

Just baked some amazing banana strawberry muffins. I always make muffins because tiny cakes are cool. I do have a mini loaf cake tin too, but muffins are what the kids love most. I made this recipe because I had brown spotty bananas that the kids said "EW!" too and strawberries that will probably be hairy by tomorrow. They have come out fantastic.

Banana Strawberry Muffins

2 cups self raising flour
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1tbs vegetable oil
1 cup soy milk
2 pureed smooth very ripe bananas
4-5 sliced strawberries (Too many and the muffins will be mushy in the middle)
Demerara sugar or large crystal sugar for topping (It discourages muffin penis)...yes that was my muffin, and muffin pan.

Mix dry ingredients, and then add wet and roughly mix together until mostly wet. Do not overmix, as a lumpy, slightly thick consistency is best. Pour mixture into lightly oiled muffin pan (I use a silicone pan). Add in 4-5 slices of strawberry and bury into the mix and top with a little demerara sugar. Bake in the oven on medium/high heat until a knife put in the middle pulls out clean(About 20 minutes). If using silicone, wait until you see the muffin pulling away from the sides of the pan.

These are wonderful. The best part is no worries about letting the kids lick the bowl as no eggs to worry about salmonella. It'll be hard to keep a few for Husband and Sassyface as gluttony urges are high just now. And I'm out of ripe bananas and can't make more. Will Be Good!

6 comments:

Daisy said...

Those muffins sound yummy luscious!

Muffin Penis....tehehehe!!!

Lyvvie said...

Daisy! did you see what they did to your old blog? They took it, babe and made it a whore house. Damned shame really.

Blazngfyre said...

Mmmm ....... those sound yummy!

I must admit, the mufifn penis looked quite yummy as well! ;)

Chunks said...

Oh my, you are ambitious with the baking. I wish I was as motivated!!

Daisy said...

OH*MY*GOD!!! I can't believe someone took my old blog name. But the fact that they didn't even change the look or the line from John Lennon's Imagine out of the title is really the pits!! Whore House indeed!

Nancy J. Bond said...

These sound delish! Thanks for sharing the recipe. :)