Tuesday, September 04, 2007

I'm a tosser

Aughra made a wee mention that a friend of hers likes to take pictures while tossing her camera in the air for the whirl-winded effects. So of course I had to try it. I did it first with my Minolta but was way to nervous about dropping it so would only hold onto the strap. Even then I felt I was tempting fate way too much. So I snuck into the kid's room and borrowed Sassy-face's wee 2.0 megapixel toy camera. Her one works a million times better! For one thing, my one I think, snaps pics way too clean and fast. Sassy's one, makes it up as it flies in the air. Examples, My Minolta:
tossing minoltaMinolta tossed, boring.

Oh look, its grass. Oh look it's an upside down flower pot. Ho hum. Now, standing in the same spot but using Sassy's camera:

spun on its neck straptossedTossed self portraitTossed

What a difference! This camera has always given us a laugh because it warps the pictures and makes them all wavy even when you aren't throwing it around. Now, I have an excuse to appreciate them. Apart from the obvious fact that photos from my children are complete gold and works of utter genius.

Wanting a t-shirt now that says "I'm a Tosser"

There's a blog about it
And a Flickr community

8 comments:

BillieJoeIsCool said...

weirdo *cough* :P

Nancy J. Bond said...

Had to try it! Fun. Leave it to Lyvvie. :)

Maja said...

Wow, they are freaking cool! They're like awesome abstract art!

Chunks said...

That's how most of my pictures turn out anyway...heehee!

Masquerade said...

Have I mentioned that you're effing adorable lately? ;) Talk to you soon hon. I MISS YOU!

Donna said...

Am going to make a pot of coffee and settle in for a long read of your blog. Enjoying it!

Lyvvie said...

New people always welcome Donna, and you may expect reciprocation.

Sylvana said...

I love that yellow green one! I would so blow that up and hang it in my living room!
Fabulous!