Wednesday, August 08, 2007

No Fair!

I only ever find plastic tampon applicators on my beach...

legomanAhoyAMSTERDAM (Reuters) - A giant, smiling Lego man was fished out of the sea in the Dutch resort of Zandvoort on Tuesday.
(Advertisement)

Workers at a drinks stall rescued the 2.5-metre (8-foot) tall model with a yellow head and blue torso.

"We saw something bobbing about in the sea and we decided to take it out of the water," said a stall worker. "It was a life-sized Lego toy."

A woman nearby added: "I saw the Lego toy floating towards the beach from the direction of England."

The toy was later placed in front of the drinks stall.


I wonder if he was reported as a missing person?

5 comments:

NWJR said...

What's with the Chinglish on his shirt? "No real than you are"? WTF is that?

Lyvvie said...

I don't know! I was trying to figure it out too! We do have a LegoLand here, but, yeah. Whazzat?

Chunks said...

Who uses plastic applicators? Don't people know they are not good for the environment?! GOD!

Maja said...

That's so cool. Maybe it's a Lego publicity stunt.

Lyvvie said...

As a kid, I used to put those plastic applicators on my sand castles. I thought they were shells. As an adult I'm not disgusted and wonder: Why didn't the parent types ever stop me?!?!

They still sell them, so some lame women who hates the cardboard rub will use them. Me? I'm tough, I use no applicator.

Maybe legoman was trying to commit suicide and forgot that he floats. Bobbing about for days, weeks and questioning his life. Only to be hauled out by a few Dutch men and used to attract folks to a burger stand. Oh the Humanity!