Sunday, July 29, 2007

I'm not easy to live with...

I was a grumpy bitch yesterday. Poor Husband got nagged to death...well not death. Nagged into skyward glances and occasional cries for strength. I want to go home, I want to see my Mom and family, I want to go on a date - movie and dinner and no curfew, I want more passion in my life, I feel static and need something to move forward with, I want randy, sweaty sex (In fact if he'd just grabbed me and set me to rights the complaining would've stopped). and nag nag nag...

He told me I need to make up my mind, first Australia, now America - either way it's emigration and getting away from here I said, so the where too is different - so what? Either way it'll be two years before we could move, we discussed the strategy at length. I said if I went back to work full time we could half that, but he said the kids are thriving with me at home and it's best I stay - tied down with a guilt tag of neglected children. It was all finished with: Lyvvie needs to be patient. But - we'll be able to fly out for a visit in July next year. Sigh.

As a result I was frustrated, cursing my luck, situation, circumstances. I went for a run, ran too hard. Went to work and worked too hard and this morning - I'm sore. Everything is sore. But I don't want to sit and rest, I want to push it further, how sore can I get? Sounds sick but it's what happens because obviously I've pushed a limit so let's push it again. Further frustrated that when I got home last night, I was prepared to seduce the Husband (even after the nagging; see I'm an optimist) but he was queasy as he'd stuffed himself with pizza and cookies for dinner - yes he's twelve. So...

I'm getting my running shoes on. Take a couple paracetamol. Talk to myself about the virtues of patience and try and be content in the here and now.

...my house still smells of cookies.

4 comments:

NWJR said...

A house that smells of cookies and a randy wife?

Oh. My.

Chunks said...

Poor Lyvvie! I feel your pain. Run to a hardware store, buy a lock and get yourself a bit of action! You'll be a better woman for it!

How come Canada isn't on your list of places to move to?! :)

Lyvvie said...

I don't like the idea of plugging in my car so the fluids won't freeze overnight. That kind of cold I can do without. But the people make it almost worth it. *love*

Blazngfyre said...

I don't see "Lyvvie needs to be patient" as part of YOU!

Need new running shoes yet?!