Monday, June 25, 2007

SBD; the uninspired post.

Oh I want to be in on the smart bitchery; I really do. but I've been not reading much lately. I'm still on Niccolo Rising. I read a few chapters, go back, read them again...it's been like that. I have lists of things I want to read, there a queue of "Read me!" s waiting for my attention, but until I get through this tome - which I am enjoying! don't get me wrong - they'll just have to wait. Even longer once Deathly Hallows comes out because that'll be a double read through before I even consider getting near any kind of media transmitting source.
I'd like to read a couple more Cruisie books, the last two Sue Grafton alphabet mysteries, Sherrilyn Kenyon, Jed Rubenfeld, Alexander McCall smith, and there's one more, but I can't remember what it's called other than it has "physics" in the title and there's a big blue butterfly on the cover but it's about a girl who tries to solve a murder mystery. I think it was her mom that died...I don't remember but I remember liking the blurb on the back enough to make a note to get it someday. Shame I didn't think to remember any of the words on the cover other than physics. HEY lookit that - do a search on the word physics and it was the first choice to come up! Weird eh? I figured there'd be lots of books with physics or about physics that would take precedence.

With summer vacation on its way I may get more time to read while letting the kids run wild in the green, but I dunno. I could just get rid of the TV, but as we just upgraded the satellite subscription to get some movie channels we aren't going to do that - plus the kids would go into Nick Jr. withdrawals that'll be a serious bitch.

I do want to post this fabulous website that Maja sent me several days ago. Please enjoy. I quite like the after effects of the nightcream myself. Oddly enough, when I went to view the prices the page wouldn't load - is it all a fun hoax?!

And to wrap, I'll do Kate's meme. The rules are:

161 & 5 Book Meme from Darla
Rules:
1. Grab the book closest to you
2. Open it to page 161
3. Find the fifth full sentence
4. Post the text of the sentence to your blog
5. Don't search around for the coolest book you have, use the one that is really next to you

Nearest book is one I took out three weeks ago from the library but haven't read yet. Yes I renewed it, so no narcing me, ok? It's SweetMeat by Luke Sutherland so here goes...

Next night, I got woken by a commotion on deck.

Not all that exciting, but line number four is far better...

I thought of Roosevelt when the three flaming, crimson hearts drifted past on a golden barge. Roosevelt and Beatrice.

Perhaps I should read that soon, as it needs to go back on the 2nd of July.

Don't forget to visit Bodacious Beth. Our SBD hostess. I love Beth. I really do. Only she can make me laugh about Ross Perot.

3 comments:

Chunks said...

That reversa site...first time I've ever enjoyed an oyster! LOL!

I love Beth too. She is so funny!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lightning Bug's Butt said...

My nearest book is a cocktail recipe book.

Wanna know how to mix a mojito?