Friday, May 04, 2007

I'm too busy banging my head right now...

A good piece of music, no matter who does it, re-does it, remixes it, desecrates it, canonize it, tries to class it up or just has some fun with it is good at its very soul. I found on some listenings that I had a moment of horror, but when it gets into the that amazing bass all is forgotten. It tugs on the spine, pulls at the soul and makes you forget everything just to move and feel it.

Even the ukulele. Jury is still out on Paul Anka.

3 comments:

NWJR said...

I love Paul Anka's version. It reminds me of Pat Boone's CD of heavy metal covers. Brilliant. Sheer brilliance.

Lyvvie said...

He seems happy to say "My Libido" don't you think? Just a little bit?

Chunks said...

The Paul Anka one is awful. His face looks like an old dried up moccasin with a string of pearls! Kurt Cobain is spiraling in his grave over that one! I LOVED the classed up one and the Ukulele ones the most. It's cool to teach kids to play in band with songs they might actually like!

Oh, and I think I finally understand all the lyrics now! LOL!