Doug did a MeMe in his blog and suggested we do too, rather then forward on a meme in spamlike ways via email. A very honourable suggestion, and in the spirit of the thing (despite knowing that meme's get no attention anymore and no-one cares so why bother? I dunno, because Doug said so and I adore Doug.) I'll put up. So here's the thing, The Meme.
1. What time did you get up this morning? The urine soaked child alarm clock bounced on my face at 6:26am this morning.
2. Diamonds or Pearls? I'll go with diamonds purely for the appreciation value, but I don't really care either way.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? Uhm... ehhhhhh.... It was either Curse of The Were-rabbit or Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I'm not sure.
4. What is your favorite TV show? I dunno. I'll always stop and watch Scrubs. But then I'll always stop and watch Project Catwalk too, but I wouldn't say either was my favourite. I'm ambivalent.
5. What did you have for breakfast? Mini-wheats with apricots.
6. What is your middle name? I never got one, My Mom thought they were unnecessary. I use my maiden name, Weaver, as my middle name. For many years (as a pre-teen) though I regretted not having a middle name so I gave myself one; Ave. I liked it, it was like Eve, but with an "A".
7. What is your favorite cuisine? It's a toss up between Japanese or Mexican.
8. What foods do you dislike? Anything from the cabbage family. I'm not a cabbage person. Keep those brussels sprouts away from me. OH and liver, it smells gross, it tastes gross, it is gross.
9. Your favorite Potato chip? Doritos, although technically a corn chip; they make your pee smell like nacho cheese. Actually, that's a benefit.
10. What cd have you been listening to lately? Just listened to Mambo Sinuendo by Ry Cooder. It's one of our lazy day favourites. Click the bottom samples to hear what it's about and then go buy it, it'll be your hazy summer favourtite too.
11. What kind of car do you drive? I don't drive. But we have a 96' Saab 9000 that we love and adore. It's about to roll over 100,000 miles and we're very proud of it.
12. Favorite sandwich? BLT with lots of mayo and fresh pepper. Yum, gimme two!
13. What characteristics do you despise? Intolerance, prejudice and over-the-top piety.
14. What are your favorite clothes? The ones that are now too big.
15. If you would go anywhere in the world on vacation, where would you go?
Japan. Have to, want to, must! It fascinates me like no other place in the world.
16. Favorite brand of clothing? I'm not a brand whore. But I like Gap clothes for fashion and quality. In the sales of course.
17. Where would you want to retire? The world is at my feet so the road may be home.
18. Favorite time of day? The wide awake hour before everyone else gets up when I have peace and the freshest cup of coffee.
19. Where were you born? Massachusetts.
20. What is your favorite sport to watch? Formula one racing. I also like Rugby and a good night of boxing. I love to watch boxing; or any kind of one-to-one combat be it kick boxing, judo, sumo wrestling or fencing. Can you tell I love the Olymipcs?
21. Who do you think will not send this back? I doubt anyone will. That means Chunks probably will do it. Gotta love Chunks, I know I do.
22. Person you expect to send it back first? *shrug* I'm not laying a wager.
23. Pepsi or Coke? Coke coke OH Dear God: Coke! I'd bathe in it. I love it. I never have it, but I twitch for it. I love Coke.
24. Beavers or Ducks? I'm going with beavers because I've told you folks before, Ducks are evil.
25. Are you a morning person or night owl? I am the ultimate in annoyance as I am the morning person.
26. Pedicure or Manicure? I'll say pedicure as I can't bite my toenails.
27. Any new and exciting news you’d like to share? Oh oh! there was a fight in my gym last week between two women who wanted the same machine! It was really funny but kind of sad. And I mean a fight, lots of shouting, finger pointing - it was like WWF pre-match psych-ups.
28. What did you want to be when you were little? The first job I remember wanting to have was that of a TV news reporter. I used to write up news stories, and do the weather. I now know, as an adult, I was a kid competing with the 6 o'clock news for my parents' attention.
29. What is your best childhood memory? I was playing alone at the elementary school behind my house. I was sitting on the steps, tossing rocks and just enjoying the nice weather, clean breeze and freedom. All of a sudden a very dark cloud creeped over and a wind picked up - I love the wind so I stood up and faced right into the gusts. There was a sheet of rain about a 500 yards away just coming right at me. I watched it come closer from across the field. Then I put out my arms and waited for it to hit me. It was wonderful. I walked home in the heavy downpour feeling as light as air.
30. Ever been toilet papering? I did once but then one of the girls felt guilty and made us go back and remove it all again.
31. Been in a car accident? Nope.
32. Favorite restaurant? Yumi in Edinburgh, Excellent Japanese restaurant. We also love Prestonfield House because it's gorgeous, the food is always good, the wine is even better and you never, ever feel you are being rushed to eat your meal. They also had (before the smoking ban) a wonderful smoking room where folks could go and smoke cigars. One of the dining rooms has bullet holes in the walls from a fight a couple hundred years ago.
33. Favorite flower? Lily of the Valley.
34. Favorite ice cream? I'm not an ice cream person, it's just too cold. But I like a bit of Cherry Garcia.
35. Favorite fast food restaurant? Burger King.
36. How many times did you fail your drivers test? In America I got it in one. In UK I failed once and haven't bothered to try again. Driving a stick is so annoying.
37. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? Volkswagon.
38. Who are you most curious about their responses to this? I have no expectations.
39. Last person you went to dinner with? Uhm... Errrrr... I can't remember the last time I was out for dinner.
40. How many tattoos do you have? I have none, but I'm planning a Chinese Zodiac totem pole to include the four of us; so a rat, pig, rabbit and monkey.
41. How many people are you sending this to? "None. Or many. Depends on your point of view." Doug said it best.
42. What time did you finish this e-mail? I'm not done yet there's still three more questions and a wee bit of editing and link addage to do - this question belongs at the end. And even then I'm not sure I could provide an accurate answer to the question. I recommend it be struck from the list!!
43. Favorite magazine? Men's Health. It's brilliant and loaded with hot, buff guys. The articles are top and have none of that fluffy bullshit that women's mags have.
44. If you could meet any famous person, who would it be? Jerry Lewis. I love him. I've loved him since I was six. He's amazing.
45. If you could choose another first name, what would it be? Iona (those who know my real last name - think about it...)
46. If you could change your profession right now, what would you be doing? I want to be a Judge. I should've gone to law school but I never thought I was smart enough. I now know I am/was smart enough and now it's too late to go to law school.
I did this instead of a SBD because I haven't read so much as a newspaper in the past week. Life is busy. I'll be reading what Beth has to say later though. You should too. See Beth.(beware of lusciousness) See Doug and have a nice day. Sincerely.