Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Once upon a time...

I would come out with weird thoughts, wonderments and stories. I would speak these to a trusted person and they would engage in converastion and the small seed of idea would blossom into something bigger, more beautiful and elaborate. It was great fun.

Hence my disappointment at the recent conversation we shared in the car.

Me: "Have you ever wondered if every air breathing creature on Earth took in one enormous breath all at the same time, would we be able to suck in all the available oxygen? And then would we all perish before the plants could make more? "

Husband: "No."

I still think the question warrants more thought.

On a positive note, Shorty did her first poop in the toilet today. We are very proud and hope this bodes well for the future, as I am tired of cleaning poop everyday. So WooHoo Shorty!!

8 comments:

NWJR said...

Ah, I remember the days when a poop in the potty was cause for celebration.

Now I just bitch that no one flushed.

How things change...

shoopska said...

And what if we all took in that breath and then breathed out right at the same time, would the carbon dioxide be too much for the plants and would they wilt and die?
You're right, it does warrant more thought... ;)

Gerbera Daisy said...

A BIG Congratulations and a WooHoo to Shorty for a poop in the potty!!! A big accomplishment.

Maja said...

Geezer likes to ask questions like that every now and then. I think I would have given the same answer as your hubby...

Lyvvie said...

YES Shoopska, exactly! That was going to be the next issue to bring up before I was so rudely shot down by the manperson driving the car. Part of me keeps wondering if this could help solve the ozone layer problem too, but I'm too lazy to read all the science about it.

I don't know how fast the plants of the world could pump back out the oxygen to give us all enough to catch a next breath. It's all so interesting.

Fingers are crossed for Shorty to repeat the act today.

Steven Novak said...

You think that one warrants more thought, huh?

Hmmm...

Have fun with that. ;)

Steve~

Lyvvie said...

Obviously men just don't get it.

Chick said...

Come on...not cleaning up poop can be fun & creative too: )

& those one word male answers...yes...they suck.