Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm better than Vidal Sassoon...

I am most talented! I just gave my husband his first hair cut. No, wait. I just cut my husband's hair for the first time. No, that's still not right. No wait, yeah it is. He let me give him a haircut and it came out really good. Blended sides, neck shaved to precision squareness never once nicked his ears or aimed scissor points at his eyes. I did jab him a little bit with the combs but it was only because I was nervous and it didn't really hurt him. And he likes the final result, and he's not saying that just to make me happy. He says it's just as it is when he goes to the barbers, but better because I'm soft and pat his head and shoulders and he gets to peer down my blouse when I stand in front of him.

I did clipping, blending, choppy triangle cuts, edging and damage control (no scars were over exposed into bald spots.) I am now salon quality stylist. He won't let me put a picture of him on the blog though because we made a rule of my never posting his image on my blog (forgot about that when I put up our wedding pictures last year on our 10th, oh well) so you can't see how nice he looks. But I'm pouting about because it makes it seem like he's embarrassed about the hair and not about the, uhm, face? Yeah there's no way I'm going to talk my way around that but let's just accept the fact he's shy and doesn't want me to share him with the world. Fine. I s'pose. Tshhh.

See, all those years of dog grooming aren't wasted.

4 comments:

Steven Novak said...

Maybe he's shy because you just compared cutting his hair to crooming a dog? ;)

Steve~

Lightning Bug's Butt said...

Excellent job.

I know you're from the States, but when I read your posts, I hear you speakig with a Scottish accent. It's so much fun.

Maja said...

Nice! And you saved yourself a few quid ;)

Chick said...

That's love...he trusts his wife with a razor near his throat ; )